Nichia GS "Fauxtons"

Marduke

Flashaholic
That's right, I just found a Nichia GS Fauxton, instead off the off brand 5mm's they used before. I won't post a link or price, but I hope everyone knows where to look :naughty:

Specs:
- Each featuring a genuine Made-In-Japan Nichia 5mm LED emitter (NSPW500GS-K1, 82KS1N-c0W)
- Luminance of up to 35000mcd (rated by Nichia) -- traditional LED keychains max out at around 20000mcd
- Slide on/off switch, or press keychain for momentary on
- Powered by CR2016 batteries (included and installed)

I wonder how much this is going to affect LRI's sales now that the cheap knockoffs are using high end emitters.

kavvika

Enlightened
Wow! Might have to pick up a 2-pack. How does the bin they're using compare the packs of 10 that were being sold in the CPF Marketplace?

Marduke

Flashaholic
Wow! Might have to pick up a 2-pack. How does the bin they're using compare the packs of 10 that were being sold in the CPF Marketplace?

The other emitter they use is a cheap Chinese made 5mm, not a Nichia 5mm. So I suspect that the off brand emitters are probably on par with the Nichia CS or so. Either way, using GS puts it in LRI Photon Microlight territory.

kavvika

Enlightened
I was referring to the Nichia GS LED's that brlux was selling in packs of 10 a few weeks ago. Anyways, I just checked, and both are tint "c0W" which is a warmer temperature. I'll be purchasing a pack of 2 this afternoon. I have a Photon II that could use a new LED.

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do these types of lights put out a decent amount of light? The pic on the site doesn't give a good idea.

Not expecting to light up a room, but I have a Garrity of somewhat similar design that is OK for finding the keyhole at night when I forget to turn on the outside lights.

For the price, you can't go wrong.

My wallet regrets me ever finding this site :crackup:

kramer5150

Flashaholic
thanks for the heads-up marduke...
do you think the lights sold at "that" site are brighter than my Inova?... which has an annoyingly blue color-tint.

thanks

dscn0138pw0.jpg

Marduke

Flashaholic
Doing a little checking, their tint is c0, which is on the warmer side of white, and their bin is W, which for Nichia is the highest bin. So it appears as these are premium bin LED's. :twothumbs

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
I won't post a link or price

Then why post the thread?

"I know a place where you can get something cool *hint at great deal* good luck finding it!"

That is how that reads to most people. LRI does not need us to hide their competition to help them out. The market will take care of itself.

PurpleDrazi

Newly Enlightened

"I know a place where you can get something cool *hint at great deal* good luck finding it!"

That is how that reads to most people . . .

In Marduke's defense, I immediately knew which site the post referred to. Actually, I got a good chuckle at the way he phrased it.

Francis

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
do you think the lights sold at "that" site are brighter than my Inova?... which has an annoyingly blue color-tint.

I think the '22,000mcd' ones are miles ahead of the Inova in brightness, so these new ones will be even brighter.

beefy6969

Newly Enlightened
Jesuschrist 35,000mcd. I gotta order a dozen now!

Wonder how well these Nichia will be in the 10mm DX fauxtons?:huh:

Can you say "Fauxton on steriods?" :devil::devil::devil:

Marduke

Flashaholic

That is how that reads to most people. LRI does not need us to hide their competition to help them out. The market will take care of itself.

Because direct product pointers linked to specific dealers have a habit of getting locked down as of late. I want to be able to discuss the merits of the light without being shut down as just posting a "heads up".

I'll put it this way, it's a site with some "eXtreme Deals"

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Because direct product pointers linked to specific dealers have a habit of getting locked down as of late. I want to be able to discuss the merits of the light without being shut down as just posting a "heads up".

No harm no foul, suffice to say my cheerios have just been 'wetted' a bit today. Carry on :oops:

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder who can ever decipher this impossibly hard riddle :p

Does anyone know if they plan on selling the LEDs bare? I really need some, but I could do without the protective plastic case and gift of CR2016 batteries. :p