sorry if this is old, but i couldnt find any info.

theDiRTYkoobaru

Newly Enlightened
hey there, im just wondering if there is a good led drop in or mod for the SF E2D defender. thanks

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
nope there isnt, the only way to LEDise it is to build a tower module..

Crenshaw

theDiRTYkoobaru

Newly Enlightened
sorry, noob here. i read about some towers, and i think i read about some aftermarket towers. does anyone know where to get these?

Last edited:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Saw some of these kicking around somewhere - someone here had put together one as a personal project, and had a ***kton of the towers milled from aluminum stock. They may have actually made some complete modules for sale, but if you can track them down - maybe on mods or on LED flashlights? - you could get the heat sink, at least.

That's probably the hardest part anyway.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
kola was making some with the Rebel LED until I mentioned they were on recall. But they still got some done. Also there's a dealer here who was making a whole head replacement available I believe. I'd have to search on that or you can - maybe bugoutgear ? The E2D will be available soon from SF with an LED version though so that may be the best choice.
Unfortunately since the reflector in an E2D is part of the head - all one piece - you can't just make a drop in for it like you can with a 6P.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

Crenshaw

Wrong. SureFire is releasing the E2DL pretty soon... And you can use either the KX1 or KX2 on the E2D as well, not to mention the all the previous LED modules made for the E series, such as the KL4 ( in both Natural HA or Black HA ) and all the modules found on the Outdoorsman Series.

I have no idea where did you hear that the only way to to have an LED on the E2D was building your own tower module, that's nonsense. CPFers have been "legoing" the E series for ages...

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
geee, im sorry outdoors....what was i thinking..you must have a surfire LED Head that has a strike bezel..where did you get that? i would like one

notice, the OP said he wanted a dropin or mod....not a whole new flashlight..
granted the E2DL is being realeased soon, but soon is not now...

Crenshaw

Last edited:

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
the E2DL head will probably be available separately, at a rather steep price. Kola's Rebel LED upgrades might be the way to go, if you're up to some soldering - new Rebel diodes are still scarce, but don't fail anymore.