Help Me Decide: Jet I or Jet II IBS?

Centropolis

Enlightened
I am trying to decide which of these to get. This will probably be the last purchase for the next while so I am taking my time deciding.

Jet I takes AA/14500 and Jet II takes one CR123/RCR123. Jet II is slightly bigger with a bigger head....which I think should make this light easier to handle and operate. Also it should be easier to grip the Jet II so easier to operate with one hand.

The Jet II has a bigger reflector...what does this usually means? Longer throw? Bigger spill? Which one of these should have a more usable sidespill?

The availability of the AA batteries is sure one advantage of the Jet I though I guess.

The runtime is slightly longer on the Jet II because of the battery type.

Did I miss anything? Any comments on which one your prefer?

I am running out of cash for the next while so this is the last purchase in a few months maybe.

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Jet II has a bigger reflector...what does this usually means?

I haven't used this light yet so I can't give you a definite answer, but the general rule of thumb is the larger diameter the reflector, the tighter the beam focus.

Personally, I prefer lithium primary cells over rechargeables because they're cheap and have an extremely long shelf life (e.g. always "at the ready"), so I selected the Jet II.

Centropolis

Enlightened
I haven't used this light yet so I can't give you a definite answer, but the general rule of thumb is the larger diameter the reflector, the tighter the beam focus.

Personally, I prefer lithium primary cells over rechargeables because they're cheap and have an extremely long shelf life (e.g. always "at the ready"), so I selected the Jet II.

Yes I have a stash of primary CR123As but I am saving them for my SF L1 since I still do not know for certain that it takes RCR123s. I am already usign RCR in my G2L and it's fine so far. I am also trying a 14500 in a L1D Q5 and a SS C3. They get hot quick!

If they only made the body of the Jet-I IBS like the Jet-II it'll be better for better grip.......that'll be more like a NDI. haha