Compared a Q5 Wolf-Eyes Storm to an R2 Storm...

cchurchi

Enlightened
And now my eyes hurt... I'm seriously seeing spots... 6 of them in each eye.. No more white wall hunting up close with these lights for me!:laughing:

I've always read that you won't be able to tell much difference between an led of one bin and one of the next higher bin, but in this case the difference is multiplied by three because each light has three led modules. The increase in output seems quite noticeable to my untrained eye. Especially in the throw department.

I started with a Q2 Storm when they first came out a few months ago and when I upgraded to the Q5, it seemed like it threw better, but the R2 Storm seems much more impressive. Last night I also brought along my 24 watt Boxer HID, and of course, it out throws the R2 Storm, but the Storm is so bright and has a gigantic edge in the versatility department (because of its increased run time and variable output) that I believe my Boxer will be religated to more of a novelity status and only come out to play when I need to light up something very far away.

Tint wise, I can detect no difference with the R2 Storm while the Q5 has one led with a slight yellow tint.

I picked up my Storm here:
http://www.pts-flashlights.com/products/product.aspx?pid=1-139-99-142-143-6510

Don't forget about the CPF discount.

Last edited:

daimleramg

Banned
Since the D23 modules are replaceable does wolf eyes sell upgradeable D23 pills? If they will not upgrade... just say you blew out all 3 D23 modules at once when the R4's are out will you be able to get replacement D23 pills but with R4's in them? Or will they only give u R2's? If they do give you the option of the newest bin then i might "accidentally" blow all 3 modules at once...lol

cchurchi

Enlightened
Nope, pretty sure you'll get more of the R2 led's. I had one module fail in my Q5, and replaced it with another Q5.

Honesty is the best policy... unless your wife asks you something "Does this make me look fat?"