Best new light this year? (so far)

chaoss

Enlightened
Well we are almost a third of the way through 2008 and I was wondering what everyones thought was on the best light to come out so far this year. Taking into consideration but not limited to, new designs, emitter updates and general kewlness.

What say the collective forum minds?

Last edited:

Burgess

Flashaholic
From what i've actually purchased --

TerraLux 2AA flashlight, with a Rebel emitter.

$30 at Battery Junction. :twothumbs

Note: this has already been revised / replaced by a newer model !

New one sez 140 Lumens (as opposed to 90).

And, the new one is a couple bucks Cheaper, too !

:D

_

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
The year is still young, but as to state-of-the-art combined with coolness, the UI for the new 2-level SF E1L and E2L and their runtimes leave me with a bit of a :woodie:

Larry

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Inova T1, what a turn around. They kept on screwing up with emitters and beam patterns and such, but the whole 2008 T series really looks like a fresh start. Same awesome construction and price, but with the output, beam pattern, and runtime that it deserves. Big woohoo to Inova.

Last edited:

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well we are almost a third of the way through 2008 and I was wondering what everyones thought was on the best light to come out so far this year. Taking into consideration but not limited to, new designs, emitter updates and general kewlness.

What say the collective forum minds?

Until now, my vote goes to LUMAPOWER INCENDIO !

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
to early to say...but if it comes to fruitation, the ARC6 will probably be the release of the year

Crenshaw

Theatre Booth Guy

Enlightened
Now that I finally have one in my hands, I have to vote for the Ra (HDS) Twisty. It seems to be anvil tough but built out of precision parts that have nice details in machining such as channels to keep the o-rings totally captive. The rumored accessory battery tubes only lift the status higher.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am undecided between Lumapower Incendio and LiteFlux LF2X but in case I had to give away one of them I would probably keep the LF2X.;)

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you guys post links to the lights you speak of, and explain to those of us who don't keep up as much, as to why you feel these lights deserve this mention?

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
The L0D Q4...just because of the effect it has on non-flashaholics :eek:oo: :eek: :wtf: .

You got to admit...75 lumen from something so small is simply not possible...not unless your a :cool: CPF member.