• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Feeler : Surefire Body Boring Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

cqbdude

Enlightened
I have a friend that bored out my Surefire 6P to accept 18650 Li-Ion.
I can't wait to try it out..:D

So I asked him to see if he would offer this service to others .

Let me know if anyone would be interested in this service.

He said it would probably be around $24.00 with shipping included in the Conus .

I will get some pictures up when I get my Surefire 6P back.:twothumbs

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Before the *Shi*t* hits the fan realize that the 6p is type II anodize and is no problem to machine through. Type III AKA Hard Anodize is a 100% completely different story. Does surefire anodize the inside of it's lights or is it just a chemkote finish? If it's just a chemkote finish then disregard my comment :)

Mac

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Before the *Shi*t* hits the fan realize that the 6p is type II anodize and is no problem to machine through. Type III AKA Hard Anodize is a 100% completely different story. Does surefire anodize the inside of it's lights or is it just a chemkote finish? If it's just a chemkote finish then disregard my comment :)

Mac

I believe that Size15's said that the inside finish of Surefire bodies is chemkote, or a chemkote type finish to reduce oxidation, and improve electrical path.

Bill

cqbdude

Enlightened

Mac

Thanks for the heads up Mac...:twothumbs

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a friend that bored out my Surefire 6P to accept 18650 Li-Ion.
I can't wait to try it out..:D

So I asked him to see if he would offer this service to others .

Let me know if anyone would be interested in this service.

He said it would probably be around $24.00 with shipping included in the Conus .

I will get some pictures up when I get my Surefire 6P back.:twothumbs

Can your friend bore out E2e bodies to fit 17670's? Is this guy local? Thanks!

cqbdude

Enlightened
Can your friend bore out E2e bodies to fit 17670's? Is this guy local? Thanks!

I can ask him...he is local..we can meet up and I can grab it from you so he can take a look at it..
Not sure how thick the walls are on the E2e, but I will have him check to see if its possible..

copperfox

Enlightened
Just to clarify: We would send our 6p body to [whoever], and the boring and return shipping is $24 combined?

If so, count me in.

cqpdude, here is something to think about:
If you can foot the initial cost, I suggest you buy a bunch of standard 6p bodies (maybe 50 or so), have them bored, and then sell them. I'll bet that you could sell every single one very easily, and with a little profit for yourself.

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you can foot the initial cost, I suggest you buy a bunch of standard 6p bodies (maybe 50 or so), have them bored, and then sell them. I'll bet that you could sell every single one very easily, and with a little profit for yourself.

That's not a bad idea! If you need a source of 6P bodies (or 6PD), let me know...I might know somewhere to get them cheap. :whistle:

cqbdude

Enlightened
Just to clarify: We would send our 6p body to [whoever], and the boring and return shipping is $24 combined?

If so, count me in.

You are correct...send me your 6P body and my friend will bore it to accept 18650 Li-Ion and will ship it back for only $24.00 .

Thanks for the tip... I will talk to him about it...
Just Fyi...I'm only sharing the resource so Im not making any money on this...but thank you for the suggestion..

BSBG

Enlightened

Mac

I don't understand why the SHTF over this...

I was the only one to ask about a HA light up to that point, so am I going to throw a tantrum?

Or is the poor guy doing the boring going to get screwed, by me and others with HA lights we want bored?

:confused:

Last edited:

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't understand why the SHTF over this...

I was the only one to ask about a HA light up to that point, so am I going to throw a tantrum?

Or id the poor guy doing the boring going to get screwed, by me and others with HA lights we want bored?

:confused:

Maybe you should re-read the thread.....the conclusion was SureFire lights are not internally anodized or at least the battery tubes are not so my comment meant nothing.

Some machine shops refuse to rework parts that have been Hard Anodized. It's that hard!

I didn't want to see the person offering the boring service to get in over his head.....why would you throw a tantrum... I must be daft.

Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.