Help with a USB driver

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received my laptop back from Sony as it was in for warranty work. When I tried using my USB reader I was told the driver no longer existed. Well I have looked every ware and all I can find are updates it is a Dazzle USB memory stick reader. HELP please. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
If nothing else, try posting in the appropriate forum on

http://computing.net/

Be specific: OS, Memory stick make and model, etc. Someone should have a driver or have the correct link for it.

Why don't you have a driver disk for it, even on a floppy???

How 'nice' of Sony to restore everything to factory defaults (and probably wiped all your data, too).

If you say memory stick, everyone will assume it is a SODIMM or whatever form the RAM is inside your computer. If it's a USB Flash Drive, say so. (pen drive)

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
The original post states a USB memory stick reader. I can't see how that could be confused with SODIMM or internal RAM.
Memory stick is pretty well known as Sony's proprietary flash memory modules - I don't think I've ever heard anyone refer to internal memory as 'memory sticks'..

Graham

Brotherscrim

Enlightened
My girlfriend got the nasty habit of referring to RAM as "memory sticks" from her brother. You'd think she would know better, as we own 2 Sony Cliés and a sony digicam, all of which use memory sticks.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks all, I found the disk that came with it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif