Ultrafire Website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phreeflow

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know who the actual manufacturer of Ultrafire flashlights are? I mean, does an Ultrafire manufacturer actually exist or does a bunch of different companies manufacture these lights? I'd like more information on their warranty since so many of their lights are failing on me recently.

Anyone know of the manufacturer's official website?..not newexcite or the ultrafire-shop.com...I believe they are distributors.

thanks!

phreeflow

Newly Enlightened
c'mon...help a brother out. I've seen it on here before, I just can't seem to find it now. I've looked everywhere.

Does anyone know Ultrafire's official website? :naughty:

Thanks in advance:D

cpf

Newly Enlightened
Acc to Dan's Data - the review titled "Review: Ultrafire WF-501B and Xnova LED flashlights" dated 13 October 2007 ( don't have the link ) :
These new cheap lights don't, of course, carry any brand that any normal person's ever heard of. "Ultrafire" and "Superfire" are popular flavours of cheap CR123 flashlight at the moment. They're both actually the same flavour, really; the two names are printed on the exact same actual products, and I presume "Megafire" and "Gigafire" are waiting to be used. The actual name of the manufacturing company appears to be "HWA/WYS".

?

That's what engraved on my SS C3 too.

phreeflow

Newly Enlightened
Nah...those leads didn't turn up anything :(. NewExcite, I believe is a reseller or distributor of Ultrafire and Hwa/Wys turned up nothing. I've seen a link for the official website before on CPF and am sure someone else on this forum knows where it is. Anyone???:confused:

bspofford

Enlightened
I tried to investigate this very matter less than a year ago and learned from a major flashlight retailer in Hong Kong that no less than six different manufacturers use the UltraFire name. One of them tried to claim that it was the first or legitimate and changed its name to TrustFire. I'm suspect that SmartFire is made in the same factories too. KD now lists a generic brand with all the same models.

Delta

Enlightened
I can't imagine where the "fire" idea came from....

Whats next? Hotfire? Forestfire? Crapfire?

lctorana

Flashlight Enthusiast
I shoud add, the source for this ownership was Lumens Factory's website, and it is also clearly acknowledged on UltraFire's website above.

lctorana

Flashlight Enthusiast
I reckon SpiderFires are rebadged. SpiderFire seems to be a maker of TVs and whatnot, but the logo looks right. So these are almost certainly rebadged UltraFires or TrustFires. Like AWA making Hotpoint-Bandmasters.

Can't find anything about SuperFire. But I'll keep looking - this is fascinating!

lctorana

Flashlight Enthusiast
UltraFire in HK, manufacturing in China
TrustFire based near the factory in China
MTE is Singapore-based, manufacturing in China
http://www.mteccd.com/ks3.html
Romisen. MXDL & SAIK all appear to be the same Shenzhen company:
http://www.szromisen.com/index_en.asp
"MXDL" stands for "MingXingDongLi"

And I think SuperFire seems to be Korean, but manufacturing in China.

And so on.

Here's what I think is going on.

All the "Fire"s seem to be branding and distribution companies, most with their own factories.

But I reckon (and this is just my surmise) that there are a bunch of small factories in the Shenzhen area, who make a run of a particular flashlight design for one of the above companies. This would mean the tooling is shared around between the factories, but the ordering companies would retain the IP.

So I think we are dealing with a bunch of independent companies based all over the Orient, all dealing with a group of small, independent factories on a contract bidding basis, but I also think a couple of firms (I cite UltraFire & TrustFire) with more permanent product lines seem to have their own factories, or at least have established long-term manufacturing contracts.

And Romisen/MXDL definitely have their own factory.

This is fascinating!

DM51

Flashaholic
Trustfire, Ultrafire, Superfire, Buttfire...

This forum is for the discussion of lights, not dodgy manufacturers. Please take this sort of discussion to the correct forum. Closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.