Olight T20 or Fenix TK10??

sj29

Newly Enlightened
I've narrowed my search down to the Olight T20($69) and the fenix TK10($73).....which should I get. The light will be used for general outdoors use...walking dogs/camping....I want an led over 200 lum for around $70-80. If anyone has these lights and can give me some feedback or if there is a light I'm leaving out.....let me know..:twothumbs

Thanks!

marc123

Newly Enlightened
You might want to consider a Dereelight CL1H as well. It can use Cr123 batteries as well as a 18650 (1SM Pill). This way you could start with the 18650 and if you are camping and need a battery change just pop a couple of Cr123's in.

Other than that the TK10 is a great light with good runtimes and is very soild, well built and simple to operate, but it might be a little bit of extra weight for hiking.

I don't have a T20 so I cannot comment on that one.

Cheers.

Yapo

Enlightened
I think the TK10 might be better...although it only has 2 modes compared to the T20's 5 lvls...Olights beams have a smaller hotspot which makes it hard to see much at close distances and also their spill isnt as wide although its brighter. I just got an Olight T10 yesterday but from my understanding all the Olights have the same beam pattern(apart from maybe the new T25 w/ full orange peel reflector)

The TK10's spot and spill should be wider and it also throws alot further than the Olight will on turbo mode and the regular/low mode should be plenty of light for walking around at night with with a fairly long runtime.

Although the Olight T20 has a lower low mode which will give you more runtime for camping use but its runtime on high isnt as long (or possibly as bright?) as the TK10. It just depends if you need a lower low mode + strobe + SOS or not but if you have other small low output lights to use inside the tent when camping that should be fine.

I dont own a TK10 or T20 but this is from my understanding from reading of threads and also from the reviews here http://www.light-reviews.com/

sj29

Newly Enlightened
What is the lum output on the dereelight CL1H??
I'm not sure if it compares to the TK10 or T20??

Thanks for the info so far....If anyone has both of these lights please give me the scoop as to which one you like better....:thinking:

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Dereelight and a T-20. Apples and oranges. THe TK10 and the Dereelight will have a brighter spill, and more total light because of the larger reflector. Both great lights. THe T-20 is what I carry everyday because of the light weight, easy to use interface, and 5 levels of brightness. I don't like the tight hotspot of the T-20..however, it's still a great light. I can also use primary or 3.7 rechargeable. Both the other lights are twice as heavy....and a bit larger. I hardly even notice that I'm carrying the t-20. Good luck.

marc123

Newly Enlightened
My CL1H is about 20% bighter than my TK10 in the hotspot but spill is about the same. I have an OP reflector in my CL1H. The CL1H throws further as well. However, the TK10 is slightly smaller and has a more solid feel about it. I think they would both be good lights.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
sj - we also have the LumaPower MRV on sale right now $84.95 -5% CPF2006 coupon puts it at $80.27 and it's hugely bright with tons of throw, 3 levels output, SMO and OP reflectors. Lots of reviews here on CPF.

Id go the tk10,
olight doesnt seem to be as good quality as fenix.

And you make that comment based upon what experience?

Most reviewers have noted that Olight quality appears to be equal to or better than Fenix.

Last edited:

sj29

Newly Enlightened
Well now I've got it down to Fenix TK10, Olight T20, Dereelight Cl1H, and LumaPower MRV???.:drool:....sounds like the Fenix might be the best choice so far....but still doing some research.....

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own an Olight T-10 and a Fenix TK10. While I believe the quality of Olight is every bit as good as Fenix, they are different lights with different purposes. If you have no real Tactical needs for the light, I would personally buy the Olight. It's interface offers you many more options. The light is lighter in weight, and it is more rechargable battery friendly than the TK10. The TK10 is a beautiful light with a beautiful beam. Unfortunately, it offers only 2 light levels, and doesn't accept rechargables as well as the Olight. The TK10 is built like a tank, but if you don't need to drive around in a tank, why bother with its unneeded extra weight. I have another solution for you. Buy both lights. That's what I did. I love them both for what they are. You can't go wrong with either.

IHA

Newly Enlightened
I can offer you both lights, I also have available fresh lettuce and cheap cotton. Just use the code LETTUCE5PERCPF

lmychajluk

Newly Enlightened
I have both a T20-M (3-mode + SOS & Strobe) and the TK10. Two different lights. If anything, the T20 would be a better comparison to the Fenix P3D.

That being said, for what you say you want it for, either will work well. I would say the TK10 has a slight edge in throw for the beam, as well as a slightly wider spot, but the T20 is more practical with the L/M/H modes, plus the T20 is lighter and more pocketable (I EDC the T20 in either the holster when I'm casual or in my inside suit jacket pocket when at the office). The TK20 is a bit heavier, and feels like it would stand up to a bit more abuse if you're the type to do that to your lights, and has a better 'grip', but with the larger head is also a bit bulkier to carry around (you'll probably want to use the holster most of the time).

zpaulg

Newly Enlightened
I've got both, always a good start!

Olight... extremely impressed!

TK10... equally impressed!

Which would I edc?

Olight everytime, much smaller and more than up to the task.

Which is on my kit belt at work?

TK10 but I wouldn't want to carry it all the time!

Hope this helps............

zpaulg

Newly Enlightened
I've just played with both as a result of your query, many thanks!

I'd say the 2nd to lowest setting on the Olight is roughly equal to the low on the TK10.

Olight reports 30hrs at this setting.
TK10 reports 10 hours.

Hope this helps.

As BabyDoc said buy both....you won't regret it........

Frankiarmz

Enlightened
Nice to hear some good comments on the Olight T-20's . I own two T-20's and enjoy them thoroughly. I don't own Fenix but in reading other posts I was sure it had a big advantage over Olight. Now I don't feel so bad. My most recent purchase was a Tiablo MA1 which is nice for it's small size. I am thinking about a Olight T-10, but I may wait a while to see if something else comes along. Right now there doesn't seem to be anything outstanding. I'd like to see a T-10 with a true 200lumens or a T-20 close to 300lumens. When will these numbers appear? Will it take a real jump in technology?

My3kidsfather

Enlightened
Well now I've got it down to Fenix TK10, Olight T20, Dereelight Cl1H, and LumaPower MRV???.:drool:....sounds like the Fenix might be the best choice so far....but still doing some research.....

I have a Fenix P3D running AW 2xrcr123a's and it is a great edc if you do not mind the slightly longer body than a 1xAA. It is plenty bright for walking at night. Don't try to bop someone in the head with it if you have that possibility you know about the TK10 already.

The Dereelight CL1H is nothing short of amazing. I have both OP and Smooth reflectors and they are designed for different use according to your anticipated use for the night. Of course the OP is smoother and has a larger beam with a very bright spill. The smooth reflector is a tighter, longer reaching beam, ringier spill but bright as well. It's really two lights for the price of one.

Here's my suggestion. Get the P3D for edc. Get the TK10 for toughness. Get the Lumapower because it has great reviews and reputation. Get the Dereelight CL1H because it's a versatile well-make workhorse. Get the Olight too. So that is it. Get as many of them as you can, because it's more fun.