recent trend on Buy/Sell/ Trade forum

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't mean to offend anyone but I have recently noticed a trend developing where sellers are soliciting offers on items they wish to sell. Is it me or does this seem unfair to the members. It does say Buy/Sell/Trade, NOT Auction. I think the more ethical method is to require a seller to list an asking price and/or an Item(s) sought in trade as many other forum sites require this in order to post an item for sale most have noticed that this type of listing begins to get out of control and soon nobody wants to list a price hoping that they get a better offer (it got pretty bad over on knifeforums.com and is now a posted rule). And I believe it should be a stated requirement. I think the first taker at a posted price deserves an Item and is a more ethical practice that keeps members from pitted competition (definitely not in the spirit of the forums) over items offered.

Am I being a nudge or does this sound right. After all if you want bidding post on Ebay.

Later,
TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also agree with you. I thought a happy medium would be to put AUCTION in the subject line. It does not seem to catch on though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif