NDI's on the way !!!

BigD64

Enlightened
TAD Gear appears to have gotten the NDI's in stock. My order from 1/14/08 has shipped Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Eighty Bucks . . . .

and you STILL hafta' pay extra for SHIPPING !

:eek:
_

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had spoken with TADGEAR Last week, before this expected shipment arrived. They stated that once they have filled all the back orders and replacement obligations, they will begin listing the availability of the light on their website. This could take a few days to a week.

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
TADGEAR is currently listing the NDI for sale.

w delivery ofL
T

There is a statement there that the newlights being sold now are specifically made for the US market and are of a higher quality than those being sold in Asia, with improved head and threads. There is no statement about an improved switch, unfortunately.
I find this statement interesting and hope to soon see if there really is a difference. I just ordered one and will report any difference between this new one and the light I recently got from HK Equipment.

I spoke to customer service today at TAD GEAR about the bad press they were receiving here on CPF. They said they were aware of this and are attempting to change everyone's perception. He assured me my light will be shipped out on Monday. If that is true, this is a real improvement for them.

Last edited:

yekim

Enlightened
BabyDoc,

They have a similar statement about us/asian market lights on their JetBeam page. I have never heard of this sort of thing and am a bit put off by it. It seems kind of weak on my book.

greenstuffs

Banned
TADGEAR is currently listing the NDI for sale.

There is a statement there that the newlights being sold now are specifically made for the US market and are of a higher quality than those being sold in Asia, with improved head and threads. There is no statement about an improved switch, unfortunately.
I find this statement interesting and hope to soon see if there really is a difference. I just ordered one and will report any difference between this new one and the light I recently got from HK Equipment.
Interesting to see that, never thoght we will have the privilage of having better lights even we pay more than their domestic market in this case a lot more.

I spoke to customer service today at TAD GEAR about the bad press they were receiving here on CPF. They said they were aware of this and are attempting to change everyone's perception. He assured me my light will be shipped out on Monday. If that is true, this is a real improvement for them.
Nobody gave them bad press but Tad Gear reps came here and dug the hole themselves.

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
BabyDoc,

They have a similar statement about us/asian market lights on their JetBeam page. I have never heard of this sort of thing and am a bit put off by it. It seems kind of weak on my book.
I agree. Sounds very strange and fishy...

I'd like to see some concrete proof if this is true.

horizonseeker

Enlightened
I'm having problem trusting TAD on much of anything right now. until I see confirmatoin from Edge-tac and Jetbeam, I put no stock in it other than fear mongering.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 Agreed :thumbsup: To me, it's just another sign of TAD Gear being unprofessional. EdgeTac really needs to get on board with some of the trusted vendors here.

I'm having problem trusting TAD on much of anything right now. until I see confirmatoin from Edge-tac and Jetbeam, I put no stock in it other than fear mongering.

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Before trashing TAD GEAR any further, wouldn't it be appropriate to check out with Mrs.Wong from EdgeTAC whether the TAD GEAR statement is correct regarding a special improved US version of the NDI? The excuse TAD GEAR gave me 2 weeks ago for the delay in getting in another batch of NDI's was their concern about some quality issues with the light that they wanted resolved before they were going to accept shipment of more lights. The statement today on their web site about a more reliable US version finally in stock would, at the very least, be consistent with the excuse for the delay they previously gave.

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Before trashing TAD GEAR any further, wouldn't it be appropriate to check out with Mrs.Wong from EdgeTAC whether the TAD GEAR statement is correct regarding a special improved US version of the NDI? The excuse TAD GEAR gave me 2 weeks ago for the delay in getting in another batch of NDI's was their concern about some quality issues with the light that they wanted resolved before they were going to accept shipment of more lights. The statement today on their web site about a more reliable US version finally in stock would, at the very least, be consistent with the excuse for the delay they previously gave.
You have got to be kidding right?

Here's the verbiage on their site
This new delivery of lights as of 23APR08 were produced for the US market and are of a higher caliber than Asia market models.

No specifics, just a broad statement stating their lights for the US are better.

Sure, we'll take their word for it.

Sorry, they made the statement, they need to prove it. We don't need to disprove anything. Consumers have to be skeptical at taking retailers at their word.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
After the way TAD Gear rudely, and repeatedly mis-treated one of our CPF members publicly....Not only will I not buy anything from them, I will not trust them, or just take their word for anything.

We have several vendors here that are well respected, and active members of the CPF community. www.Fenix-store.com, www.batteryjunction.com, and www.lighthound.com. I would buy an NDI or the new Nite Core Extreme from any of these 3 without a moments hesitation. I forgot one. www.brightguy.com

Last edited:

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
After the way TAD Gear rudely, and repeatedly mis-treated one of our CPF members publicly....Not only will I not buy anything from them, I will not trust them, or just take their word for anything.

We have several vendors here that are well respected, and active members of the CPF community. www.Fenix-store.com, www.batteryjunction.com, and www.lighthound.com. I would buy an NDI or the new Nite Core Extreme from any of these 3 without a moments hesitation. I forgot one. www.brightguy.com

Unfortunately, you can not by an NDI from any of the above dealers. They just don't carry them. If you want one, you either get it from Hong Kong, Canada, or some other country. In the US, you are stuck with TAD GEAR.

While I don't approve the way TAD GEAR treated one our CPF members in an instance that had nothing to do with the NDI, remember this was one transaction out of many.
Would you trash Neiman Marcus if a friend of yours was treated rudely by single salesperson? You probably would, but I would trash the salesperson, and file a complaint with higher ups before I would trash Neiman Marcus. If general management defended the action of that employee, I would have more reason to stay away from the company.

While I have my doubts that the US version is different than the ASIAN version, I have to give TAD GEAR credit for at least honestly advertising the output of the NDI as 130 lumens, not as 190 lumens per nitecore.com website. Tad Gear specifically states on their web site that the US version " features an improved head and threads." They don't have to prove anything to me. If the light they send me is not improved over my HKequipment NDI, I always have the option to return it to TAD GEAR. That's a lot easier and less expensive than shipping a light back to Hong Kong. Finally, even if the light isn't improved (frankly, I have no problems with my "asian" version), I hopefully won't have to wait as long to get it as I did from HK. The few more dollars I wil spend insn't even a consideration. I spent more today than this to put gas in my van.

Last edited:

MKLight

Enlightened
Hey! I have a question. I just received my NDI. It rolled off the counter and fell onto the tile. It made a little chip into the clicky end where the keychain attachment goes. It also made a larger dent onto one of the 3 prongs on the head side. If scratched and cracked the 1 prong down to the bare aluminum. Is this normal? It does no affect the beam quality, but is sharp and annoys me. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Lastly, for what its worth, I've ordered many times from TadGear and have had good experience with them...

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Latest posts