Fenix P1D: Problems with the Silver Anodizing??

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just curious if anyone knew why Fenix so quickly abandoned the silver anodizing on the P1Ds, especially since they flew off the shelves like they did. I am interested in picking one up from a fellow CPF'r, but was curious if this color was discontinued due to poor performance. I know some colors (olive) are considered more durable, but does anyone know of any major issues with the Silver anodizing before I pick one up?

I talked to someone at the Fenix-store, and they said that Fenix had a hard time re-creating the color and therefore abandoned it. If this is truly the only reason, then it is simply a rarity, and I want one more than ever!

litetube

Enlightened
I think that was the official stement going around. It was an accident in the anodizing process and they had no intentions of duplicating it. They felt they couldnt get the parts to match and this is important to most consumers.

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that was the official stement going around. It was an accident in the anodizing process and they had no intentions of duplicating it. They felt they couldnt get the parts to match and this is important to most consumers.
Wow, very interesting. So I'm assuming the only mistake was in the color, but the anodizing is still just as durable and adhered just as well as the other colors?

FlashlightPhreak

Enlightened
My P1D Q5 "Silver" looks great and is holding up nicely, my silver model has a titanium look to its shade of dark silver.

As I've said numerous times: WISH FENIX WOULD RESTORE SILVER AND NATURAL finishes to its lineup of choices. If I had my choice, I'd only buy natural or silver models. The natural is so close the color of aluminum, that any wear is barely detectable...

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great to know, thanks! I completely agree with you about the natural color. I have a P3D RB 100 in natural and love it. I don't know why they would abandoned this color. I had to shell out a premium for the silver P1D from a CPF'r, but hopefully it will be worth it! :D

My P1D Q5 "Silver" looks great and is holding up nicely, my silver model has a titanium look to its shade of dark silver.

As I've said numerous times: WISH FENIX WOULD RESTORE SILVER AND NATURAL finishes to its lineup of choices. If I had my choice, I'd only buy natural or silver models. The natural is so close the color of aluminum, that any wear is barely detectable...

nanotech17

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good luck with your silver P1D CE RichS,
I hope yours look like this one :devil:

PB150596.jpg

PB150590.jpg

PB150595.jpg

PB150593.jpg

PB150603.jpg

PB150604.jpg

PB150605.jpg

PB150602.jpg