What is wrong with my Nitecore Infinity Defender

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dadof6

Enlightened
I purchased the Nitecore Infinity Defender in the beginning. I got it and it really didn't work well. Kind of went back and forth from the the strobe to high and a not so high. I thought there would be a great range of brightness. I have followed the instructions and I just can't seem to get it to work like it should. I finally put it away and recently picked it up again to try it again and get the same results. Does anyone have any suggestions?

e2x2e

Enlightened
Clean all contacts and threads with rubbing alcohol. This goes for every new light you get.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Sounds like you can't get it to ramp in the user defined mode. Start with the head loosened about 1/4 turn, and quickly fully tighten and loosen the head. This should start a brightness ramp.

And yes, clean everything with alcohol swab.

e2x2e

Enlightened
I'm an avid POS collector. Feel free to contribute to my collection.

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's wrong with it? Not made in USA...

Glad I read that, because it got me thinking.....

Bugger, better throw out all my British-made Lummi titanium lights if they are no good.:(

...And those Chinese Fenix lights that have never let me down, they have got to go too. Hang on, the Lumens Factory lamp assembly in my Surefire E1e has got to go, that was made in Hong Kong. Wait, wait. LED Lenser David 15? Made in Germany. Got to go unfortunately.

So.... that leaves me with a Maglite 2D, Maglite 2AA and a Surefire G2. That's Ok because they are made in the USA :confused:

Phew! Glad I got that sorted;

..."Crenshaw, get out of my bin, I put the Lummis in that other bin!"

I own lights from the USA, the UK, Germany, China and probably a few more countries. My point is that sweeping generalisations are not helpful to anyone.

As for the OP's Nitecore, I do not hold the answer unfortunately. However, Nitecore will be willing to see you right. Email their customer service department and ask for advice. Chances are that they may want to inspect the light, and offer repair or replacement.

That reminds me, I still haven't had a reply from Surefire USA regarding the crack in my Pyrex window. 24 hours now :rant:

Last edited:

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was told that they do not accept phone calls from international users for warranty support. Otherwise I would have done. Besides, I am not paying International phone rates for this. When I had an issue with my Leatherman Juice Xe6, I got to speak to a very nice lady here in the UK.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Exactly how do these xeonophobic generalizations help anything? The only purpose they serve is to call attention to your own closed mindedness and trollish behavior.

Brigadier

Enlightened
Exactly how do these xeonophobic generalizations help anything? The only purpose they serve is to call attention to your own closed mindedness and trollish behavior.

Because maybe some Americans are tired of having manufacturing jobs shipped overseas and like to support American companies and products. I for one try to buy American whenever I can, but unfortunately that is getting more and more difficult.

The company I work for manufactures EVERYTHING in the US and we are dang proud of that. If more Americans took that stand, our economy would be much better off.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Because maybe some Americans are tired of having manufacturing jobs shipped overseas and like to support American companies and products. I for one try to buy American whenever I can, but unfortunately that is getting more and more difficult.

The company I work for manufactures EVERYTHING in the US and we are dang proud of that. If more Americans took that stand, our economy would be much better off.

That's how you feel, and that's fine, more power to you if you believe all that.

But just because a person feels that way doesn't mean they should bash all products made outside of the US for no reason whatsoever other than where it's made. There are a whole lot of products that the US simply will not make with the same quality of others. Electronics, cars, etc.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you guys just give it a break? I'm one of the biggest SF fanboys around, and you won't catch me trashing threads. I've had several things made in China that are very good quality...Including lights. And I've also had quality issues with things I've purchased that were made in the USA. And...oh...btw....Our precious SF's may be made in the USA, but not everything in them is..ie:..emitters, electronics, etc. Better just throw those parts away guys. :ohgeez:Do you know how many SF clickies I've had to fix or replace? I even had to send an E1L back to be replaced because the tint from the emitter was such an awful puke green. Don't you guys hate it when people who like other lights trash our SF threads? The reason SF gets picked on so much around here is because of people with bad manners like you. The OP came here for help...and all you can offer is immaturity. So Please..come on and grow up now. :shakehead

To the OP. Try cleaning all the threads and electrical contacts...including the front of all tube openings, and where they contact, with DeoxIT if you have it. I did this to my NDI, and it works very reliably as it should. If you are not successful, contact the vendor you got it from...or post over here in the NDI thread at MarketPlace. I am sure Ms Wong will be willing to help you out. I love my NDI, and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a nice, well built AA EDC light.

What's wrong with it? Not made in USA...

Can't believe you actually bought that light, my friend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.