Question from a new guy....

joe_momma

Newly Enlightened
I have been reading a little hear and there around here, and am quite amazed. I am a police officer, and after working a few years of dogwatch, i have gone through my fair share of lights. i thought i knew a little, and had the best (or closest without breaking my back) stuff off the shelf.
but DAMN!!! :eek: you guys have blown me away! :thumbsup:

right now on my belt i carry a SF M3, Galdius, and a G2 in my pocket. a streamlight M3 on my weapon, and SF M951 on my rifle.

Well, i guess i though i had the best of the best, until i found what some of you modders can do :eek:oo:

so in the intrest of making my job easier, safer, and well having even cooler and better lights then now, where would i go posting for a type of "request" for mods?

i have seen a little about the gladius being ampes up to 160. but what about the M3 (SF and SStreamlight) and the M951? so i guess that more info that i would put into the correct thread...

Thanks again, and i hope to doing some business, and maybe even look into this hobby a little more (seeing as i didn't even know it was a hobby!)

Chris XXXXX
Devine Police Dept.
Patrol/SRO/Armorer
Devine Texas
"The Name Says It All"

P.s. ANYONE have a SF 310 or 610 or whatever other numbers there are that will fit a 1911?

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome: and thanks for your service. The Gladius is still a great light and very bright even next to a lot of the newer LED's - although a lot of the light is concentrated into a tight beam. CPF member milkyspit is a modder that has been around here a long time with many happy customers. As you've probably seen there are lots of choices and it's growing all the time. If you like the Gladius you might look at the Typhoon H2 new style model II (I'm not sure I have that exactly right) but the Typhoon is exactly the same as the Gladius (they actually make the Gladius as I understand) but the latest model II has the Seoul P4 LED and is thus around double the brightness. And the Typhoon has always been less in price since it's not going through Blackhawks hands.

joe_momma

Newly Enlightened
yeah, the typoon pretty much pissed me off:banghead:

well, cause i try and have the best i can, and i bought the gladius when it first came out, then Botac slashed the price crazy. and then the Typoon, they did the same thing. so me and one other officer were the "cool" guys with our gladius', now half the dept have the typoons!

its cool though, cause now the amazing functions of the galdius are more readily available for officers.

but the typhoon feels slightly havier in the body....

but i found one site (now i have lost it) that did the upgrade for like $59 or so. so that's easier to convince the wife with then $150+

thanks for your intrest though!!

oh, does anyone know if tape/pressure switch mods are done around here? or is it strictly the lights themselves?

joe_momma

Newly Enlightened
i see this new venture turning into like my custom and modded gear fetish! j/k

but ever since diving into the custom gear and stitching worl, off the shelf just doesn;t cut it! unless its modded...
my vest is all thats off the shelf. but all the molle pouches, etc. are custom. and all from one guy i found on a custom gear forum. so maybe i can make that relationship here too
:buddies: :grouphug:

isneyk

Newly Enlightened
i see this new venture turning into like my custom and modded gear fetish! j/k

but ever since diving into the custom gear and stitching worl, off the shelf just doesn;t cut it! unless its modded...
my vest is all thats off the shelf. but all the molle pouches, etc. are custom. and all from one guy i found on a custom gear forum. so maybe i can make that relationship here too
:buddies: :grouphug:

:welcome:
ey joe! Do I know you from another forum?:naughty:

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Well, if you know what you are doing you can probably do the Seoul mod for cheaper. I remember there being a how to thread somewhere here.

What you have now does sound good.

You can upgrade the G2. Look here. Just remember that most highpower LED drop-ins can overheat when run for too long in a polymer body light.

:welcome: