Z59 tailcap

kodeboswachter

Newly Enlightened
Hi, i'm looking for a black click-on click-off tailcap for my surefire m4. The surefire site says the z58 will fit, but doesn't say if the z59 will fit.

does anyone know if it fits? and also if it will fit the c-m leefbody?

thanks alot,

ko

kavvika

Enlightened
z49 and z59 will fit, and are both anodized black. z59 is the same size as the LOTC but the z49 is much larger. Makes a 6P look like a small dumbbell.

Size15's

Flashaholic
The Z48 & Z58 are natural HA and so are intended for natural HA models (such as the M4)

The Z49 & Z59 are type II Black and so are intended for the 6P and other type II black models (Z2 etc)

The Z48/Z49 are larger TailCaps featuring a rubber shroud to help prevent accidental activation and unintended clicking.

The Z58/Z59 are more compact (very similar to the standard TailCap used by the M4/6P etc)

Al-swts.jpg

jayhackett03

Enlightened
ditto, good post 15.

so a "9" means black and a "8" means true HA in the natural color?

and a Z41 is 6P/Z2 black non-HA twisty?

edit: i feel like a dumba** having 300 posts and asking questions like this. i guess i should have paid attention earlier.

Last edited:

jayhackett03

Enlightened
The Z41-BK is type II black (for the 6P etc)

The Z41-HA is type II Hard Anodised (natural) for the C2-HA, M3 etc

im getting a Z2L, putting a Malkoff M60 in it, with a 6PD bezel....i think i want a clickie, would you recommend the Z59 for it?

Size15's

Flashaholic
Getting a Z2(L or otherwise) implies to me that you'll be using it with a handgun.
If this is the case I suggest you take it training and to the range, and explore how it can be used in conjunction with a handgun under the conditions you feel you're likely to encounter/require it.
You may decide to get a Z59 Clickie right away and alternate it with the Z41 to see whether you can decide on a preference.

My point is that I'm not about to tell you which switch type works best for you when you're using a flashlight with a firearm.

My personal preference is that I can like Clickies that much but then I have no need for a Z2(L) or a firearm. Perhaps others with actual experience with situations similar to yours can offer advice?

vantage

Newly Enlightened
I just bought a Z49 for my Black C3. I really like the clickie and ability to stand up the light as a candle when using a P60L drop-in.

I still like the original twisty tail cap, but don't know when I'll put it back on.

Mikeg23

Enlightened
I have a beautiful 6P GM that is more Blue than natural, how will it match up with a Z48 HA Click on switch?

You could always get a mcclicky switch that fits inside your z41. I have one for an E series and it doesn't feel as good to click as the Surefire (the mcclicky seems stiffer) however they are said to be more reliable and you wouldn't have to worry about the color matching. Light hound has them for a little over $20

Latest posts