How is the E1B's Spill Compared to the L1?

Centropolis

Enlightened
I am wondering if anyone has both of these lights and can tell me if the spill on the E1B is more useful than the L1's.

I do own both of these lights but I still have the E1B in the packaging. I wasn't sure that I was going to keep it and if it doesn't have a better sidespill than the L1.....I might sell it.

Anyone knows?

sourcehill

Newly Enlightened
My E1b is not as white as my L1 beam. While the L1 has the nice tight beam, the E1b is close. It has a bit more spill. I like the L1 beam much better.

Centropolis

Enlightened
My E1b is not as white as my L1 beam. While the L1 has the nice tight beam, the E1b is close. It has a bit more spill. I like the L1 beam much better.

Do you mean the E1B has a bit more spill? It's weird but that's kind of what I want. I like a bit of spill and not necessarily all throw. If the E1B has more spill than the L1....than I may sell the L1 instead! :)

Talas

Newly Enlightened
Spill is about the same for mine with a much tighter hotspot on the E1B. Both are more "throwers" than flood or spill lights.

Centropolis

Enlightened
Spill is about the same for mine with a much tighter hotspot on the E1B. Both are more "throwers" than flood or spill lights.

In that case, I may just sell both and get a NDI and a JetBeam Jet-II or something. haha I don't know why I bought the L1 without much research. I like a usable spill on my lights.

Zenster

Enlightened
In that case, I may just sell both and get a NDI and a JetBeam Jet-II or something. haha I don't know why I bought the L1 without much research. I like a usable spill on my lights.

If you're like me at all, you'd love the beam of the Novatac 120P (and I assume the T and E as well).

My 120P is one of the most useful lights I have specifically due to it's tremendous amount of useable spill.
Couple that with the large number of programmable brightness settings (120P only) and it's a light you'll be using for a very long time.

I also have the L1, the E1B and the E1L, and there is no comparison to beam spill brightness between them and the Novatac.
I hated to spend more for the Novatac than each of those Surefires cost, but having had the 120P for a while, I'd let those three Surefires go before I'd sell the Novatac.
Of the three Surefires, I think I like the E1L best, but I still grab the 120P more often when I go out at night.