Arc Snow

tricker

Enlightened
what led is used in this, and what are you opinions on it vs other current versions of the arc?(i would ask this on the arc forum but this one is alot more active, and it is an led in all fairness)

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
what led is used in this, and what are you opinions on it vs other current versions of the arc?(i would ask this on the arc forum but this one is alot more active, and it is an led in all fairness)

I have an arc Snow. Over time it lost its snow color. It is nice, I guess, compared to my Photons, but blue compared to my Crees.

Empath

Flashaholic

Exposure isn't the criteria used for selecting the forum for posting. Topic and forum purpose is.

Everything in its place, and a place for everything. :grin2:

tricker

Enlightened
crees.........after i got my malkoff drop-in paper started to look a little beige to me :naughty:

and is color loss normal?

Last edited:

paulr

Flashaholic
According to Peter (link) the led is an ETG-5CFWHT-15 which some other CPF'ers believe to use a Cree die. I haven't noticed any color shift in mine but I haven't used it all that much. I also have several brand P lights that use the same led, but they tend to run the led at lower power, so may be less susceptible to shifting. The Nichia leds have stood up to overdriven aging tests unusually well compared wtih other leds.

Subjectively I'd say the Snow has much nicer tint than the Nichia BS or CS. I haven't tried a DS or GS yet. However, the Snow also has a somewhat different beam profile which some users don't like as much. The spill is a little narrower and there are more artifacts in the beam. The difference is not all that large so I wouldn't treat it as a life and death matter. The Snow's nicer tint is more immediately noticable.

tricker

Enlightened
thank you....i have a E0-GS and the beam on it is bright, and oblong, and at a distance irritably blue......if this is white i will be happy....regardless thank you for your reply