Favorite EDC using AW Lithium? 2-stage

SR.GRINGO

Enlightened
My favorite EDC is my Amilite with the 2-Stage Clickie 30 low, 140 high. Thing is I want to use a llithium. Willing to wait for something on the horizon. I love having just high and low, and something floody. Will also see duty on the salt water in a boat working around and engine room from time to time. I don't really have a budget but under $150 sounds good. I will also purchase one for my Father. Fenix has something with an 18650 coming

2xTrinity

Flashlight Enthusiast
Right now I only have one light running AW cells, and it's not an EDC, but it is my second-most-used light:

2C ROP-Hi in a 2C maglite cam focusable (with customized cam for optimum "flood" setting), UV-Backlit glow in the dark switch cover. Soon to be modded to have a green/yellow/red LED as a battery voltage indicator. Runs about 40 minutes on a charge.

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haha, ALL my EDCs are running on AW cells. I only just realised that. I cannot believe that only at the start of this year, I wouldn't touch Li-ion for safety fears. Now, single cell doesn't worry me. I just keep a close eye on the charger.

My favorite is the AW 14250 powered Lummi Raw Ti though.

SR.GRINGO

Enlightened
Right now I only have one light running AW cells, and it's not an EDC, but it is my second-most-used light:

2C ROP-Hi in a 2C maglite cam focusable (with customized cam for optimum "flood" setting), UV-Backlit glow in the dark switch cover. Soon to be modded to have a green/yellow/red LED as a battery voltage indicator. Runs about 40 minutes on a charge.

The 2C's are great I have 8 colored 2C mags right now all powered by AW's "C" 7*5761's, and one phillips version of the WA1111 for an hour run time. Just need more of a "pocket light" for an edc. All in all I really don't need anything.....but what fun would that be:whistle:

SR.GRINGO

Enlightened
Haha, ALL my EDCs are running on AW cells. I only just realised that. I cannot believe that only at the start of this year, I wouldn't touch Li-ion for safety fears. Now, single cell doesn't worry me. I just keep a close eye on the charger.

My favorite is the AW 14250 powered Lummi Raw Ti though.

The Raw looks pretty neat....never checked them out before. Have a Mac HID in the mail right now....need to read more about the raw.....

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
My favorite EDC is running an AW rcr123a protected cell. It is a Milkyspit modified E1B. It's called the Transformer. It runs on the Acorn driver with the Cary firmware(2 levels), and puts out 200+ lumen.

Transformer.jpg

My favorite light running AW cells is Milky U2by2. It runs on an AW 18650 protected cell. The U2 was my favorite go to light to begin with. Now Scott has given me my favorite light back....on steroids
anj_muscle.gif
. He put 4 Rebels in it, with McR 10-R reflectors. This thing puts out 500 lumens...and boy is it bright :cool:. This thing is just amazing.

U2b.jpg
U2a.jpg

U2c.jpg

Here is the review of these two lights

Last edited:

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
I avoid Li-Ion for quite some time, and then I finally jumped in. Now I have 4 lights that's running on AW.

I alternate my EDC among NDI, Incendio, and Novatac 120P ... all running on AW. I cannot pick my favorite, since I like them all :whistle: