Any word of a Fenix P7 light?

Daylo

Newly Enlightened
I read that Fenix is working on a 18650 light, any idea if they are also working on a light with the SCC P7 or if it is the same light?

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe this time they will not be the first ones. DX already has P7 lights.

True, but so far they seem to be kinda poorly put together, etc, from early reports. I think we'd all like to see a quality P7 light from a company like Fenix. A floody pocket rocket would be cool, like a P3D on steroids, slightly larger and beefier to hold an 18650 and have enough mass to heat sink the P7.

greenstuffs

Banned
True, but so far they seem to be kinda poorly put together, etc, from early reports. I think we'd all like to see a quality P7 light from a company like Fenix. A floody pocket rocket would be cool, like a P3D on steroids, slightly larger and beefier to hold an 18650 and have enough mass to heat sink the P7.

I don't know about pocket rocket, all the lights out there aren't pocket friendly. They should use the P7 for it's purpose and make bright light with great throw.

Fenix is only in the pocket light market and this will be a new step. May be that is why it's taking so long. All the lights from Fenix were based from the same good driver. The P7 requires 2.8A, and they better make the light efficient to stand up to their name. This time is not as simple as swapping emitters. We will see whats up.

Fenix is known in the past to do very little in their drivers as the P1D didn't support 4.2v Lion. The vapor 18650 light was always a myth.

Last edited: