Two new Pentagon Molle lights

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
pentagon seems to be spreading into the tacti-cool light....a glow in the dark flashlight that you cant control would give your position away in any sort of tactical situation..:lolsign:

still, its a good idea for the rest of us..

Crenshaw

e2x2e

Enlightened
The only ones attractive to me are the ones on the top row. I don't know why they don't all come with a red filter, but whatever.

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
I noticed a couple of interesting things on that webpage.

First, if I'm reading things right, they're about to stop shipping with the (IMO somewhat useless) compass in the base, and sell it as an accessory.

Second, they're now selling a complete "filter kit." Not sure how useful it is, but it's nice to have a choice if you feel like you need it.

IMO the best feature of the lights is the clip. The light itself (I do own one of these) is kinda ho-hum.

Dead_Nuts

Enlightened
I also bought one when they first came out. The compass on mine is less than useless as it; as it doesn't even give me a consistently INcorrect direction.

The light output is probably sufficient for it's intended use, but flexibility is sometimes nicer than simplicity. The red filter attached to the bottom is a nice touch.

There are other angled options out there that offer more, but this little light is great when attached to LBE shoulder strap for map reading, etc.

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
The compass works for me if you take it off the light and hold it away from anything that's iron/steel...can't use it while it's on the light and using it off the light risks losing the battery...