most efficient/brighest on 14500?

Bigsy

Enlightened
Jetbeam Mk1 IBS I would guess to be brightest. Certainly not the most efficient however, this usually goes to fenix.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Hi guys, thanks for the links to my threads. FYI, I've just updated both of them with more info.

The JetBeam Jet-I MK IBS (as it is now known) is definitely the brightest on 14500. In terms of efficiency, it does quite well - but the Fenix L1D typically is still the king on standard alkaline and NiMH (can't really compare on 14500, since Fenix is direct-drive until regulation kicks in)

mkphc

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys, thanks for the links to my threads. FYI, I've just updated both of them with more info.

The JetBeam Jet-I MK IBS (as it is now known) is definitely the brightest on 14500. In terms of efficiency, it does quite well - but the Fenix L1D typically is still the king on standard alkaline and NiMH (can't really compare on 14500, since Fenix is direct-drive until regulation kicks in)

Thats the conundrum, I don't necessarily want the brightest, but the best well rounded, thats where efficiency comes to play,
on 14500
The LID is direct
The NDI is very good, (but the switch problems)
The Jet IBS?
Did I miss any of this caliber?
I want the IBS, but efficiency?
is it more efficient in Nimh?

I want to run 14500, but am willing to sacrifice MAX for efficiency,
Arrgh! I just want one definitive "best" not soooo many close enoughs, or splitting hairs,...
Please point me in the right direction
Mike

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
I want to run 14500, but am willing to sacrifice MAX for efficiency,
Arrgh! I just want one definitive "best" not soooo many close enoughs, or splitting hairs,...
If you want to run 14500, then I wouldn't recommend the L1D since you will loose all the low modes and basically have a single-stage direct drive.

The NDI and MK IBS are roughly equivalent, just depends on which feature set your prefer. I don't believe there is any one "best".

My reviews in the links above should help you decide (and you can determine relatively efficiency yourself from the runtime graphs).

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the helpful info selfbuilt, my 1st generation Jetbeam has died and i was looking for a 1 x 14500 replacement, think that the Jetbeam Mk 1 IBS is the one for me in this case. Cheers!

Cheapskate

Enlightened
Thats the conundrum, I don't necessarily want the brightest, but the best well rounded, thats where efficiency comes to play,
on 14500
The LID is direct
The NDI is very good, (but the switch problems)
Mike

I know some people have had switch problems with their NDIs but mine has had daily use for eight months now with no problems. I think they even come with a spare switch these days.