Who sells RED Nichia LED

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anybody?

I would like to put one in a mag solitaire

Citivolus

Enlightened
Digikey? Mouser?

Edit: Nope, scratch that. However, I have gotten some fairly high intensity red LEDs via digikey... Osram makes some nice ones, including one @ 150 lumens!

Last edited:

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Digikey? Mouser?

Edit: Nope, scratch that. However, I have gotten some fairly high intensity red LEDs via digikey... Osram makes some nice ones, including one @ 150 lumens!

Thanks but I am looking for a Nichia

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
that is something I have never seen for sale on CPF..... nichia red LEDs.... you could go to a dollar store and buy something with a red LED in it but regardless of what you got I am not sure you will get a decent beam pattern. I have yet to see any red LED that puts out a nice dot at 5 feet..

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
that is something I have never seen for sale on CPF..... nichia red LEDs.... you could go to a dollar store and buy something with a red LED in it but regardless of what you got I am not sure you will get a decent beam pattern. I have yet to see any red LED that puts out a nice dot at 5 feet..

Thats why I wanted a Nichia

Anybody know of a flashlight thats uses one?

Cydonia

Enlightened
LedSupply is where I got my 5mm red's from. On thier 5mm led page.
The 20 degree LED on that page gets 10,000mcd and is pretty darn bright. I like the 660nm 50 degree best... soft deep red that's great for preserving dark adaptation :D Not Nichia... but all high quality parts.

labador

Newly Enlightened
I received some samples from Nichia with there red and blue 5mm led's and they are not as good as others on the market. Now as far as there white NSPW500-K1 those you can't beat the brightness of. I was hoping they would make there red and blue the same quality as there white led's but not any time soon after talking with them.

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received some samples from Nichia with there red and blue 5mm led's and they are not as good as others on the market. Now as far as there white NSPW500-K1 those you can't beat the brightness of. I was hoping they would make there red and blue the same quality as there white led's but not any time soon after talking with them.

which ones did you find where better than the nichia

Latest posts