e1e and kl1 what kind of throw does it do?

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm tempted to get the kl1 for my e1e, what kind of throw could I expect in comparison to the incandescent bulb? Can anyone help me on this one?

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is like Arc LSH like you have on your sig, except it will be more bluish or purplish. Maybe a little less throw and more rounded beam. Comparing to the throw of an incandescent, KL1 will lose. It was intended to a more close up work.

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
As you all may have gathered I'm thinking about getting a KL1 for my e1e but if it doesn't throw any further or brighter what's the use when the ARC LSH fits better in my pocket and I have already paid for it. I guess with my Blaster VI and PT surge in the mail I guess I'll be busy for a bit especially since I got my new sf 9p today. I think I need one more light to round out my collection for a along throw light with either the ultrastinger or the /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.giftigerlight gold. Anyone have a preference over these two lights? I'm spending a lot of money but having fun. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
As for the KL1 on the E1e, I like the KL1 much better than the incand bulb. Since it doesn't throw that far anyways, why not have a bright flood. To me, the KL1 looks a lot brighter than the incand bulb. I would go for it.

US vs TL, I have the US, and I have seen the the TL. The TL throws a little bit farther. I like the US because it fits between my seat and centerconsole. It looks better too IMO.

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
the US is also about $50 cheaper as well, I have a nice assortment of light right now. Stream light is coming out with some hot night fighter stuff in mid may. I do think I need (like another hole in my head) some sort of long throw light just because I don't have one, heh, heh, heh,

Blikbok

Enlightened
I agree with V8TOYOTATRK: I have replaced the MN01 head on my E1 with the KL1 and never looked back. The amount of useful light seems higher, as the beam is wider and less intense in a small area.

Kirk

Enlightened
Don't forget the "drop-proofness" of the KL1 over the incandescent bulb. And the longer run-time; bright light for 2 hours and useful, but dimmer, light for about 10 hours.
Kirk

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here ya go: E1 vs L1 at 10ft. ( I can take better pics if you wish)

fcb52e29.jpg

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe get another pic where the exposure is throttled back some to minimize saturation, to get some comparison of the peak intensity?

I've got a KL1 on the way for my E2 too; does anyone carry both heads as a matter of course? If so, how do you stow it, in a film canister or something?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
keithhr said:
FC, I presume the L1 is on the left and the E1 is on the right, is that correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not FC, but yes, the L1 LED is on the left and the E1 incandescent is on the right. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

kimchikungfu

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Wingerr said:
I've got a KL1 on the way for my E2 too; does anyone carry both heads as a matter of course? If so, how do you stow it, in a film canister or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Same question! Also, could the incan head fit in the Mission Saver?

mhejl

Newly Enlightened
With my E2e/KL1 I do carry the original head and an MN02 in a film canister when backpacking. I figure I may need the additional reach in an emergency situation.

I haven't tried to see if the head would fit in a SC2; anyone know?

Blikbok

Enlightened
Yeah, the E2e bezel doesn't fit in the Spares Carrier. I routinely carry a pair of E2e's, one with the KL1. I like the tiny reach of the MN03, and the long burn of the KL1. The E2 also has a better feel in the hand for long periods than the E1/Kl1.

With the E2, I see the need for the incandescent head. The E1's incandescent head has been in storage for the last year or so.