Fenix Single Cell Recommendation?

pobox1475

Enlightened
Looking to get a 1 cell Fenix for EDC. Don't mind 123 batteries (Titanium's are a $1 now) and want something light weight. My only experience with high quality lights has been a Surefire 9N, Scorpion and an L2 that I'm kinda kicking myself for getting. Seems that if the quality is all there with the Fenix you get more bank for the buck. It will be carried in my EDB and when I know a light may be needed will pack the L2 instead.

Last edited:

HKJ

Flashaholic
Re: Recommendation

Both the P1D and P2D are 1xCR123A flashlight. I like both, but they have very different interfaces, P1D is a twisty and P2D is a combination of clicks and twist (I like that interface).
The P1D is shorter than P2D.

If your want a smaller light, the L0D is a very good light. It has been my favorite pocket light, but might be replaced by the Liteflux LF2X in the future.

Gunner12

Flashaholic

The L1T or L2T would be good choices, AA so you pretty much never run out of batteries, good output, and forward clickie.

They will feel a bit light though.

:welcome:

pobox1475

Enlightened

I think I'll go with a 123. Historically I don't use a light much, but want to have one when needed. Sorta feel AA due to diameter won't be as easy to hold. I have a Surefire spares carrier, but will probably only carry one spare cell in my EDB. Like to travel light on normal days.

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast

Lummi Wee Ti. With battery, it weighs 12 grams and is about the size of the head of an L0D. Bit pricey at $150 for just the light, though....

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast

I personally find the AA is a little easier to hold since it's slightly longer. Either one you get will be a good light.

I think I'll go with a 123. Historically I don't use a light much, but want to have one when needed. Sorta feel AA due to diameter won't be as easy to hold. I have a Surefire spares carrier, but will probably only carry one spare cell in my EDB. Like to travel light on normal days.

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast

The general modes are identical brightness between all 3 variations, which includes the high mode. Only the brightness of turbo is different.

Sorry, my bad. My Achilles heel is always calling the brightest mode a light has "high mode". Kinda logical, though! ;)

pobox1475

Enlightened

the L0D is a very good light. It has been my favorite pocket light, but might be replaced by the Liteflux LF2X in the future.
Are Litflux better, or just in this size catagory? I currently EDC in my EDB a 3 AAA headlight and could use same back-up cells. Two lights are better than one. ;)

HKJ

Flashaholic

Are Litflux better, or just in this size catagory? I currently EDC in my EDB a 3 AAA headlight and could use same back-up cells. Two lights are better than one. ;)

There are many differences between L0D and LF2X:

The LF2X is longer than L0D and has more physical configurations.

The LF2X has a lower low and a higher high.

The LF2X has both a fast and slow strobe, i.e. it will work to alert drivers at the roadside and it can also be used if your are lost and know somebody is searching for your.

The modes of the L0D can be selected, even if it is dark, the LF2X requires some light or your must be able to do some very precise movements in the dark.

The L0D is easy to control, compare to the LF2X, but does not have the same possibilities.

I like both lights, but the LF2X wins due to is versatility, but loses in handling.