Best priced Maglite with Paypal?

NickBose

Enlightened
Where can I buy Maglite online with Paypal payment, of course with lowest price?
I'm in Australia

geobio

Newly Enlightened
This probably won't be the last time you hear this... but maglites for the price are absolutely not the preferable flashlight to get. For about $30 you can get a really good Inova flashlight invoalight.com, which produces much better smooth beams without rings as seen in maglites... and about 4x as much light. Look around this forum and i'm sure you can find other lights too (though they may cost more). As stated, maglites are not really the light to get.

KrisP

Enlightened
I'd be cautious with Gadzooks... I've had 2 successful orders and one unreceived item... I allowed him too much time to correct the problem and was then unable to put in a Paypal claim so i'm out of pocket however much it was and I have no light for it. He claims he sent a second light bu that never turned up either, I don't believe two lights could go missing in a row.

Citivolus

Enlightened
First off, I've been holding back mentioning my affiliation with myself on the forums, if this is out of place I apologise. I was looking at getting an Authorised Dealer logo, but those don't seem to be available any more on this site.

Which model Maglite are you after? I've still got some 4D incandescent and LED models around, as well as some 2xAA LEDs. I could sell you one at my cost, as I'm not going to be stocking Maglite any more once I am sold out ,as I am concentrating my attentions on JETBeam and the like now.

My cost on the LED 4D is $36.21 AUD, the incandescent is $29 AUD, including PayPal fees. They cost $12 to ship anywhere in eastern Australia, due to their size & weight, with a bit higher shipping charge to the NT or WA.

You just missed a clearance at K-Mart; they were charging $40 for the 3D/2xAA incandescent bundle. I suspect they were selling those at cost, as Maglite doesn't make for a cheap import.

Why do people buy these when they retail for $80-120 in Australia? Well, I've asked some of my repeat customers, and they were security guards after the intimidation factor, and outdoorsmen who didn't like changing the batteries during a prolonged trip. Sure the beam isn't perfect, but they still have their place.

Of course, you don't have to take me up on this offer, but it is likely to be the cheapest that you will find short of buying used. For that matter, want a used Blue or Red bodied 3D LED? I'll be parting with a few after replacing them with Jet-III Pro's later this week.

Feel free to PM me if you are interested.

Regards,
Eric

M.S

Enlightened
Kaidomain has maglites. Cheapest way to get 2C/3C/4C to Finland at least.... They are not imported here and maglites usually cost too much locally anyway. I have bought 2 maglites from gadzooks, they took ages to ship, but I got them for good price.

milob40

Newly Enlightened
First off, I've been holding back mentioning my affiliation with myself on the forums, if this is out of place I apologise. I was looking at getting an Authorised Dealer logo, but those don't seem to be available any more on this site.

Which model Maglite are you after? I've still got some 4D incandescent and LED models around, as well as some 2xAA LEDs. I could sell you one at my cost, as I'm not going to be stocking Maglite any more once I am sold out ,as I am concentrating my attentions on JETBeam and the like now.

My cost on the LED 4D is $36.21 AUD, the incandescent is $29 AUD, including PayPal fees. They cost $12 to ship anywhere in eastern Australia, due to their size & weight, with a bit higher shipping charge to the NT or WA.

You just missed a clearance at K-Mart; they were charging $40 for the 3D/2xAA incandescent bundle. I suspect they were selling those at cost, as Maglite doesn't make for a cheap import.

Why do people buy these when they retail for $80-120 in Australia? Well, I've asked some of my repeat customers, and they were security guards after the intimidation factor, and outdoorsmen who didn't like changing the batteries during a prolonged trip. Sure the beam isn't perfect, but they still have their place.

Of course, you don't have to take me up on this offer, but it is likely to be the cheapest that you will find short of buying used. For that matter, want a used Blue or Red bodied 3D LED? I'll be parting with a few after replacing them with Jet-III Pro's later this week.

Feel free to PM me if you are interested.

Regards,
Eric
hi i am also in queensland and am interested in same , do you have a web page?

NickBose

Enlightened
I want to put an aspherical kit with Q5 Cree in - over 50,000 lux @ 1m who can resist?

@ Norm: Thanks for the link, I bite the bullet and ordered from them. Let's see how it'll go

@ Citivolus: Thanks for the offer, but it's the 2D I'm after

@ M.S: Thanks for the pointer. I didn't know KD carried Maglite. However, Gadzooks price is a bit cheaper.

@ Nomad: Who? You? Would you go buy one and post to me then I paypal you later? Just joking.

Cydonia

Enlightened
Let me know how it goes... I'd like to order from them again but i'm worried about losing my money :(

I'm right "next door" to USA ("Maglite central")... but I had to order two 4C's from Gad Zooks because no way was I finding those mag's up here. It's actually about $3 or $4 cheaper to order a 2C from the USA and pay the $9.99 shipping VS going to Home Depot in Canada where they are $26.99 + the 12% tax! Took forever to get the 4C's from Gad Zooks... 3 weeks +.... I would be worried if I were overseas, the wait must be over a month. It's pretty sad :scowl:

KrisP

Enlightened
I've been buying from an Australian eBay store which is still cheaper than real stores over here and I paid $50AUD(~$47CAD) plus $7AUD postage for a 3D. That's a little less than double your Home Depot price :(

Citivolus

Enlightened
I've been buying from an Australian eBay store which is still cheaper than real stores over here and I paid $50AUD(~$47CAD) plus $7AUD postage for a 3D. That's a little less than double your Home Depot price :(

You missed a bit of a deal. There is a new seller on eBay Australia who listed a bunch of Maglite gear @ 99 cents minimum bid over the past few weeks. He didn't realise that there wasn't critical mass to support this bidding, so some of the AAs and 2Ds went for a very very low price. Example, Another. Unfortunately I think he has learned his lesson now!

milob40

Newly Enlightened
Click on his name, you'll find it in his profile.

I just placed a order with [www] flash-lights [dot] com

good prices also, but you'll have to check on shipping.

:mecry:damn it, i checked this site, best prices , 17 bucks for maglite but how rediculous is this ...... with freight to australia +98 dollars ,
if companies don't want to ship international, why can't they be upront instead of jacking up freight costs
i got a fishfinder landed here in three days on ups priority for 48 bucks and weighs twice as much.

NickBose

Enlightened
Wa hoo! It's arrived, my 2D Mag from gad-zooks. Looks good.
Next: P7 and aspherical lens :crackup:

Aussie Cheese

Newly Enlightened
:mecry:damn it, i checked this site, best prices , 17 bucks for maglite but how rediculous is this ...... with freight to australia +98 dollars ,
if companies don't want to ship international, why can't they be upront instead of jacking up freight costs
i got a fishfinder landed here in three days on ups priority for 48 bucks and weighs twice as much.

98 bucks is the price for fedex expedited, ripoff i know.

i have ordered from gad-zooks with no problem waiting time was 15 days

IMSabbel

Enlightened
Wow. Maglights in the US are cheap as dirt...
For <20$ for a 5D or 6D, i would just throw away the head and that that as a nice price for a universal battery tube...