How are the Jet 1 MK - I.B.S?

xlanc3

Newly Enlightened
i am planning on getting a Jet 1 MK - I.B.S. let me know if its good? ALso do i need to use rechargeable to get the full 225 lumen output?

LEDdicted

Newly Enlightened
There are many threads on this light in the Reviews section. The review lights are called the Jet MKII IBS. This was the name when the samples were sent out to reviewers. Since then the name has changed to Jet-1 MK IBS.

Citivolus

Enlightened
You do need a 14500 to get the full light output, however even on an Eneloop the light performs very well.

Some 14500 cells will be too large to fit in this light, so it may pay to ask around about your brand.

Zenster

Enlightened
Considering the generic nature of the OP question, I'd like to ask a related question to the "How are the Jet I MK I.B.S.".

I just got mine this week and like it a lot except for the very stiff clicky.
To turn it on, I have to hold it tight between my thumb and outer fingers and poke my index finger straight down and press hard.
Considering that the switch is recessed, I don't think it needs to be that stiff in order to avoid accidental turn on's.

So the question is, has anyone taken apart the clicky on their Jet I's and looked at it closely?
I'm wondering how simple it might be to either compress the spring or perhaps change it out for a softer one so that it clicks a bit easier.

FsTop

Enlightened
If you READ THE REVIEW THREADS, you will find a couple of techniques described there to make it more usable.

LGCubana

Enlightened
Funny enough, I've been researching this light today.

1. Don't run at 100%, unattended
2. Some complain that the switch requires a good deal of pressure
3. No memory
4. The replacement (with R2) Jet-I Pro is already out
4a. If you want one, don't delay too long.

Zenster

Enlightened
Funny enough, I've been researching this light today.

1. Don't run at 100%, unattended
2. Some complain that the switch requires a good deal of pressure
3. No memory
4. The replacement (with R2) Jet-I Pro is already out
4a. If you want one, don't delay too long.

I don't think the Jet I Pro is supposed to be a replacement for the Jet I MK. The larger head of the Pro puts it in a larger class of light.

As for memory, that's not a big deal with this light because you can program the A-B-C settings anyway you want, so it becomes a light that's individually taylored to turn on at whatever setting you choose.
Since the turn on setting (A) can be set to anything you like, it's really no different than a memory light.

And finally, I'm sure someone else figured this out as well, but I played around a little tonight with the switch and found that what makes the switch feel a lot better is to cut a piece from an expired credit card into a round chip that will just fit into the inside of the rubber button. Sitting between the rubber and the switch itself, it adds just enough thickness (about 1/32") to make the switch work more like I thought it should.

m13a8

Newly Enlightened
I love mine so far!! The switch is very stiff stock, but I'm going to have to try that credit card trick. It's been nice and bright and I really like that it's programmable. Plenty bright on a 14500, also. It's my current EDC.

edit: Just tried the credit card thing. It took a couple shots, but now the tailcap switch is a LOT more easy to use. Thanks, Zenster!!

Last edited:

lyrrag

Newly Enlightened
I like this light very much. Yes the clicky is stiff, but it is bright on both Hybrid batteries and lithium batteries (chose a shorter unprotected 14500). The UI is much easier to use than the Nitecore DI. So much so that I change the programming of the three different light levels depending on what I going to do. This light has replaced the Nitecore as my EDC. Oh forgot to mention that it comes with a cool holster which I had to buy for my Defender Infinity. The dealer (Bug Out Gear) is great and offers great service unlike the dealer in the US for the Nitecore. Yes I do own other AA lights and this light works for me.

FsTop

Enlightened
I agree - it's a very nice light indeed - excellent UI, and bright as it gets, in a package that's considerably skinnier than a 123-based light.

MrFunk

Newly Enlightened
I'm very happy with that torch, it's a little bit difficult to know all the functions but when you became practice you'll find very useful !
Satisfied, and the holster is good.
I tried both with AA and 14500, to get the highest output use 14500 but even with AA rechargeable works great.

Latest posts