Surefire 6P (LED) and Fenix TK10 and rechargeables RCR123A

broloch

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I am looking into getting either a Surefire 6PL or a Fenix TK10, but don't like having to use CR123A's as the price can add up. Do you know what battery options are available? I read that AW batteries are great. But do they work well in either, in your experience or from your knowledge? Should I go with AW RCR123A's? Or is it possible to use a 17670 in either? Do you know how lumens and runtime will be affected by using a 17670 instead of RCR123A's?

USM0083

Enlightened
Hello,

I am looking into getting either a Surefire 6PL or a Fenix TK10, but don't like having to use CR123A's as the price can add up. Do you know what battery options are available? I read that AW batteries are great. But do they work well in either, in your experience or from your knowledge? Should I go with AW RCR123A's? Or is it possible to use a 17670 in either? Do you know how lumens and runtime will be affected by using a 17670 instead of RCR123A's?

Both will run on RCR123s, though runtime will be much less than primary lithiums. If I were to guess, 2 hours regulated for the 6PL and between 45 min and an hour regulated for the TK10.

A P60L will run fine on a 17670 with probably a bit more runtime than a pair of RCR123s, but the TK10 will only run in low mode. When I got mine, I dropped a fully charged (4.19 volt off the charger) ultrafire 17670 into the TK10 and it was flickering in high mode, indicating the voltage was too low.

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello,

I run AW RCR123's in my TK10 and they work very well.
The TK10 is very bright on high and has a very smooth beam, smoother than my L2T V2 with Rebel emitter.

You can find runtimes for each battery here:
http://www.light-reviews.com/fenix_tk10_q5/review.html