One good way to deal with button-less Li-ions

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Magnets? We don't need no steenkeen' magnets!

aacontact1.jpg

aacontact3.jpg

aacontact4.jpg

Many of us do not need buttons on our 14670 mods, or they would already be manufactured (as paraphrased from a very credible source).

But, some of us very much need such contact points without the worry of a slipped magnet (or whatever) touching the battery tube. :poof: Hence, the above pics.

The two essential ingredients are, 1 pc. of 1' long X 1/2' dia. nylon spacer, and 1" of electrical grade, 4 AWG solid copper rod (ain't gonna' get much lower resistance than this). Both found at Home Depot, and present plenty of raw material to make a good number of these things.

The third ingredient was lot's of elbow grease (including Dremel and metal file), and there was more involved in making them then meets the eye. The end result works outstandingly!

This pair are being used in my Baby Magzilla mod, and I'm about to make a single one for a single 14670 light.

Last edited:

TKO

Enlightened
Bimmerboy,

Very nice work. I really enjoy seeing people fabricating what they need. Well done!

Now, go ahead and break out the nail clippers . . . :D:poke::D

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, TKO!

Now, go ahead and break out the nail clippers . . . :D:poke::D

But then how will I play "Spanish Romance" for the ladies? :D

Hahaha... I had a feeling someone was gonna' mention the nails. They've just recently grown back to proper length for playing classical. Broke one last month, and had to cut 'em all. Left hand they stay short... nothing worse than long left hand nails.

From the lack of people going hog wild over these contact buttons, I think I can see why they're not produced. That, plus most 14670 use seems to be inside of multi-cell holders as opposed to directly end to end. Too bad, I was hoping to possibly show you know who that there might be enough interest to make buttoned 14670's worthwhile.

Quite alright though... these are working great!

TKO

Enlightened
Well my hat is off to you, again. I have the utmost respect for musicians as, sadly, I have no musical talent. I missed the High Performance Guitar Forum mention on the bottom of your post.

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, guys!

Re-reading my last response, I'm hoping it didn't come off as looking for attention or praise, or something like that. Just me and my fantasies over here wishing for button-top 14670's... lol.

Soon as I finish a couple other current (no pun intended) projects, if some people could use these, I'll be happy to make some more as just 1 foot of wire will make a good number (probably used about a half inch so far).

Seiko

Newly Enlightened
Bimmerboy Great idea. I think this might be a good idea for making short "springs" for maglites too.

Glad you bumped this one wquiles!

DocD

Enlightened
maybe someone :poke: might make some for some body maybe D,C,18650 and other got to be a great sale point just on the safety side of things just a thought cheers DocD

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thread just threw an interesting idea into my head. retrofit kit for maglites that includes a driver dropin that you stick in the tube first before dropping in the batteries. eh? EH?? :poke:

Just a thought.

Nice thinking outside the cubic storage container, BB!