HDS EDC Back-UP

Groundhog66

Banned
Finally put together an adequate back-up in case my old faithful gets lost, I am sure you can see the similarities.

DSC02192.jpg

DSC02193.jpg

DSC02194.jpg

DSC02195.jpg

DSC02196.jpg

Mangurrian

Banned
Nice set up Tim, You can always send one to me in the event that your main light don\'t get lost.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
Make me want to pick up another Novatac 120P. I have one in black now, deciding if I want to get one in the natural color ... or wait till the silver one come out ... or what until the next release.

Do you guys know how often Novatac releases new models? I assume the next model will be Novatac 160 (this is based on logical deduction).

Mangurrian

Banned
Novatacs aren't as good, mine flickers at the lowest, I would trade my 120p for a HDS anyday.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
What clip are you using on those?
How big is the difference between the beams?
How are the beams with those emitters?
What are those emitters Bin codes?
I guess you like the HDS EDC 60 basic?
Yaesumofo

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the flicker at the lowest setting, but it doesn't really bother me too much ... overall it's a very solid light. Plus, I set my lowest to level 5 (at .33 lms), so there's no flicker at that level. Do many of you set it to the lowest for min setting?

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use mine at the lowest setting and suffer no flicker.
Yaesumofo

I have the flicker at the lowest setting, but it doesn't really bother me too much ... overall it's a very solid light. Plus, I set my lowest to level 5 (at .33 lms), so there's no flicker at that level. Do many of you set it to the lowest for min setting?

OceanView

Enlightened
Great photos! I particularly like the last two, head-on shots. Very striking! My Milky-modded HDS is still my EDC and will likely remain my EDC light for the foreseeable future. Way ahead of its time.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
yaesumofo Whats the # of your novatac you have the only non flickering one that i have herd of? I used to think mine did not have this problem till i checked it from 120 to .08

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The simple fact is mine doesn't flicker never has. I doubt it will either.
Anyway this thread is not about Novatac flashlights it is about HDS flashlights Lets not drive it further off topic. I am sorry I made any comment about mine not flickering now since that comment has help move this thread off topic.
Sorry about that.
Yaesumofo

yaesumofo Whats the # of your novatac you have the only non flickering one that i have herd of? I used to think mine did not have this problem till i checked it from 120 to .08

amphipolis

Newly Enlightened
I think it's the perspective of the picture, and in the top picture, the top light seems to be positioned ever so slightly to the left.

Groundhog66

Banned
What clip are you using on those?
How big is the difference between the beams?
How are the beams with those emitters?
What are those emitters Bin codes?
I guess you like the HDS EDC 60 basic?
Yaesumofo

The clips are Ti, from WValtakis2.

The beams are quite different, the P4 is brighter of course. The P4 also has a smoother transition into the side spill.

The P4 is a USWOH I believe, it definitely on the cooler side. I have no idea on the stock Luxeon, but it is definitely on the greenish side.

Hope all is well on your end James, haven't had the pleasure of a conversation in quite some time.

Tim

spyderknut

Enlightened
I EDC an EDC as well. A B42XRGT. Standard bezel with Ti clip. My nightstand light is a U60 with SS trit bezel 18650 tube and a long Ti clip.

I have been thinking of picking up a Ra Twistie or Novatac. I am just so happy with my HDS lights, the money is hard to justify.

I have lots of lights, my HDS lights get used the most.