Surefire Combat Rings

Flashlight Enthusiast
On Wednesday i got the 3 pack of combat rings & surefire led drop in from www.batteryjunction.com . the drop in is great for my z2 but the combat rings are awesome esspescially the loop where i either have it on the tailcap and put my index finger through it or further down the body for a better grip. I wasn't planning on buying them at all but since it was surefire i just had to get them.

Last edited:

jayhackett03

Enlightened
Re: SUREFIRE COMBAT RINGS ARE ASSUME

assume???

so i assume the combat rings just slip on? what keeps them from just slipping off? do they fit on pretty tight?

Flashlight Enthusiast

it is rubber, they do fit pretty tight. to get them off u just need to hold the light in one hand and pull with the other hand to get it off

matt0

Enlightened

They really are worth it. I bought them mainly for the plain grip but the looped one is SO awesome. I admit, the light looks kinda funny but its especially nice because you can clip it to a carabiner or if your hands are full, hold it with a spare finger. It really turned out more useful than I thought it would.

1002460jt5.jpg

And yes, they do grip the light pretty tight. Twisting them as you pull helps get them off but, as you can see the knurling also scratches the plastic...

1002467sj7.jpg

1002468kq0.jpg

Side note: They do NOT fit on a G2. The diameter of a G2 is (ever so slightly) larger than a 6P. If you have ever put a 6P tailcap on a G2, you would be able to see the difference.

Last edited:

USM0083

Enlightened

Side note: They do NOT fit on a G2. The diameter of a G2 is (ever so slightly) larger than a 6P. If you have ever put a 6P tailcap on a G2, you would be able to see the difference.

I like the combat rings a lot, it let me turn a G2 into a poor mans G2Z, though I had to dremel out the plastic insert a bit.

matt0

Enlightened

Yeah, the rubber will fit around it bit the gray plastic is too snug. A dremel would easily be able to trim it down enough.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast

Anybody know if they fit on a Novatac? Was thinking about getting a set.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast

what's the body diameter of a Novatac?

I know that a Novatac clip will fit a Surefire 6p, so they're close. I feel comfortable guessing that they're close enough that you could make them fit (either removing some material, or adding some with tape) but I dunno if they'll work stock. Still, my caliper puts the Surefire at 25mm exactly between the tailcap and knurling, outside diameter, and Novatac specifies 25mm as well. Probably a safe bet.

USM0083

Enlightened

Here's my G2 with a DX R2 cree and the combat ring.
DSC03070.jpg

matt0

Enlightened

You're misusing them, but your way is so much more awesome than Surefire's way, you've convinced me to get a set.

Yeah, I realize their intended use but I prefer activating the switch with my palm. However, that doesnt work too well either ever since I got a McClicky tailcap.

This week, im gonna try and make one fit on my G2, USM0083, after Dremel-ing them down to fit, will they still fit as snug on a 6P?

USM0083

Enlightened

Yeah, I realize their intended use but I prefer activating the switch with my palm. However, that doesnt work too well either ever since I got a McClicky tailcap.

This week, im gonna try and make one fit on my G2, USM0083, after Dremel-ing them down to fit, will they still fit as snug on a 6P?

They are fairly snug on a 6P without any trimming, but enough pressure will move it. On my G2 it took three trys with the dremel to take just enough off the inside to get it really snug.

Last edited:

Flashlight Enthusiast

SORRY WASN'T PAYING MUCH ATTENTION WHEN I WAS TYPING LAST NIGHT BEFORE BED, I WAS FALLING A SLEEP AT THE COMPUTER.

Flashlight Enthusiast

On my 6pd i use them in mid body but on my z2 only on the tailcap

cyberspyder

Enlightened
My take on the Surefire Combat Ring

Sure it ain't really protrusive, but I like the fact that it's lower profile. My incarnation of the 'perfect' G2. BugOutGear Cree drop-in is coming, along with a Novatac clip (just like Brigadier). Kinda looks like a G2Z. The o-ring is from an old Lego set. I took it off one of these wheels (it makes for a nice 'finger-stop'):

7016211821doc8.jpg
701621067922498ob4.jpg

dsc00115rx9.jpg

dsc00113fm0.jpg

Poor image quality I know....cell phone camera.

Brendan

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to those who like them, but that looks really funny. It looks like something that belongs on a tea cup. :)