Will they clean my carpet?

craig333

Newly Enlightened
So I'm reading the paper this morning when I run across this http://www.sacbee.com/374/story/888241.html
and naturally I spewed my coffee while lmao.

Having a flashlight in the car makes good sense. You never know, after all, when you might need to pore over a map or search for those quarters you dropped on the floor. But batteries don't last forever, and a light that won't come on is as useful as a broken coffee cup.
Enter the Greatlight rechargeable 1-watt LED flashlight, offering long-term reliability for around $30. Projecting up to 45 lumens of light (trust us; that's bright), it runs continuously for three hours and plugs into your 12-volt car charger when it comes time to re-up the juice. The manufacturer claims the Ni-Mh battery has a charge time of just 20 minutes.
Made of metal instead of plastic, the device has plenty of heft and a solid, quality feel. The removable cap covering the plug-in charging contact has a compass embedded in the end. We viewed that at first as a rather bogus touch. But then again, on a cloudy day or at night it's easy to get disoriented, and knowing which way is north can get you out of

AOBRICK

Newly Enlightened
Projecting up to 45 lumens of light (trust us; that's bright)
Hmmm shure thats bright if your not with me:devil:

Trust them....never...... well maybe since they are such a well known manufactuer and always get top revie........oh wait there not

was a good laugh though, thanks

AOBRICK

Newly Enlightened
Oh and thank God for that compass hope I'm not near any magnets (refering to the probability of a low quality compass)

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh and thank God for that compass hope I'm not near any magnets (refering to the probability of a low quality compass)

Do you mean like a running vehicle, which has a fairly significant magnetic field?

You would have to be several feet away from the vehicle to get an unaffected reading from that compass.

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
$30? I'd rather have 2 E01's dangling off my rear view mirror, thankyou very much ;)

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can see several things wrong with this light:

1) it's way too long. In most cars it'd be uncomfortable to have that club sticking out of the lighter socket; in some stick shifts it can foul up the gearshift.

2) 20 minutes charge time = 3C charge = batteries won't live long

3) Why NiMH? It's large enough you could fit a 18650 in there. That would at least give it a reason to cost $30.

and finally:

But then again, on a cloudy day or at night it's easy to get disoriented, and knowing which way is north can get you out of a jam.
Are they aware that a street is not an infinite stretch of space? Compasses are useful on the sea and in air - roads have the irritating tendency of restricting your freedom of movement. Unless you're driving a 4x4 in the Sahara desert (and if you are you probably already have better portable lighting in your vehicle) I don't see how the compass is anything but useless tinsel.

I just reviewed a car flashlight that makes a lot more sense.