Eterna-Light help please

Riddick

Newly Enlightened
Anyone have experience with these lights?

Every time I go to their website they're always sold out looking at pick'n up the marine or X-ray

Do you just pick out the one you want, pay the money, and wait for it to arrive at your doorstep?:duh2:

Thanks
Riddick

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Sounds like you should give them a call. I've personally had five of their lights.

Bill

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most of their lights appear to be in stock at this time. It is the refurbished (i.e., ones that were returned/exchanged and then rebuilt) lights that have some out of stocks.

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Eternalights are among my most-used lights. I've had an Ergo Xray and EliteMax for several years, and take one with me whenever I travel, and use one at home just about every night. I prefer the Ergo Xray.

My main problem with these lights are the screws/threads. I've replaced the batteries so many times that the threads have basically worn down, and worse yet, a couple of the "posts" that hold the threads have broken off.

If I were buying an eternalight from their site, I would call or email first to make sure they have the product(s). The original Technology Associates company appears to be gone, although the founder(s) apparently continues to use the old site (circa 2004) to sell their wares. I'm wondering if new product is even being made anymore, or if inventory is simply being depleted.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Flashfan,

I believe the Eleite Xray has brass inserts for the screws to go into. That eliminates the problems you are experiencing. I believe there are a couple of other models that also use the brass inserts as well.

I have several of these lights and use them in low "Light Culture" situations.

Tom

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with SilverFox. The Elite Extreme (?) has brass inserts. Now, that being said, I actually had the ploycarbonate (?) housing near the brass insert break one time when I was changing the batteries. I did have to pay a nominal amount for the repair but, the plastic useed in some of the earlier models evidently wasn't up to snuff. The replacement case is reputed to be more durable and, I got the upgrade LEDs when I had the light case repaired anyway.

These lights are somewhat unconventionally shaped but there are generally tough as nails and I have several of them throughout my home and garage and car for emergencies. Try this number for contacting them, I believe it is a working number......712-627-4603

Karl

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure about all the models but the ErgoMarine used ABS which is very tough stuff. PM sent to Riddick as I still have a couple NIB ErgoMarines but will only sell one if you are interested.

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Silverfox, you are right, the EliteMax does have brass inserts. My problem is that the plastic surrounding the brass inserts completely broke off, with the brass insert still intact...guess I was over-tightening the screws.

Umm, what is a "Light Culture?" Thanks.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Flashfan,

Bummer...

The term "Light Culture" I believe was coined by Sub Umbra. My understanding of the term is that it describes your habits when you use lights.

If you are they type that needs to blast everything with as much light as you can every time you turn a light on, you belong to a "High Light Culture."

On the other hand, if you usually go by star or moon light and occasionally turn on a light dimly when that is not enough, you belong to a "Low Light Culture."

You should probably do a search on Sub Umbra's posts to get a little better idea on this.

At any rate, the EternaLight is not capable of lighting up the other side of the lake, but it does a great job around camp.

Tom

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Silverfox, thanks for the reply. I learned something new today. Tried a search, but I guess the site is too busy right now, so the results wouldn't load. Will try again later. Thanks again!