Can i buy a just a circuit board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcdilnutt

Enlightened
Hi Peter,
I just found my Arc AA after it being missing for some time. I love it, but it has been left behind in terms of brightness and beam quality. Would you be willing to sell me one of your converter boards so that i can rebuild the head with a newer led please? If you cant do that how about an unpotted circuit with led fitted from a newer AAA? I will be happy to pay a sensible price for this as i want to bring what was my favourite torch up to date.
Marc

olrac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Peter,
I just found my Arc AA after it being missing for some time. I love it, but it has been left behind in terms of brightness and beam quality. Would you be willing to sell me one of your converter boards so that i can rebuild the head with a newer led please? If you cant do that how about an unpotted circuit with led fitted from a newer AAA? I will be happy to pay a sensible price for this as i want to bring what was my favourite torch up to date.
Marc

Marc, I tried to buy a board and Led from Arc and Maria told me that they don't sell the raw components to the public, but if it is not working up to snuff, why don't you contact her and maybe they can upgrade under the lifetime warranty or for a nominal fee.

marcdilnutt

Enlightened
Marc, I tried to buy a board and Led from Arc and Maria told me that they don't sell the raw components to the public, but if it is not working up to snuff, why don't you contact her and maybe they can upgrade under the lifetime warranty or for a nominal fee.

Its not that its not working, its just old tech (not very bright and very blue). I will contact them and see if they can help. I tried emailing Peter but he is a busy man and hasnt got back to me yet.

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you tried an arcmania circuit board for the ARC

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is a beamshot of a modded arc with a arc mania circuitboard compared to a ARC DS. Even though it is brighter, the runtime is still over 5 and half hours before moon mode

mjp2520041lh3.jpg

ZuluWhiskeyFox

Enlightened
Another circuit you might consider is a mini flupic and a high power led like a SSC. Of course with the flupic you'll need to power it with a Li-ION. One problem you might encounter is getting your hands on one of these. Ther're getting scarce.

food for thought,

zwf

Status
Not open for further replies.