E2E drop ins or mods?

GLOCKshooter

Newly Enlightened
I have an E2E I would like to change over to LED and bring up to speed. What are some of the options? Thanks!

entendu

Newly Enlightened
I also have an E2E and just went through the same change. I now have two replacement heads. The first is the OPTICSHQ.COM CreeQ5 led conversion head. Its rated at 220 lumens and it really screams. It is my brightest light period. The other which just arrived today is the 2 stage Surefire KX2 replacement head. Physically the KX2 is a clearly the less modified look. The Cree Q5 head is black vice OD and is slightly larger in diameter and longer. The Surefire KX2 is rated at 60 lumens which I believe is conservative. While its not as bright as the Cree Q 5 it seems to have more throw than my Fenix L2D on turbo.
While its too early to say which is my favorite I gotta say the low mode of the KX 2 head is a real plus plenty bright for short range tasks and with a super long run time. For outdoor use its not that clear however my initial assessment is the Surefire may indeed more than adequate for use in my back yard at night (75 to 100 feet)

Norm

Retired Administrator
Surefire E-Series MicroTower (E-MT) LED drop in.
E-MT F2 - Slightly regulated, will suck cells dry. Works quite well with 17650(long runtime) but it won't be as bright as E-MT F1. You will need at least 4.0volts to unleash the maximum potential of E-MT F2. So the optimum configuration for E-MT F2 is 2 cells.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2311059
Norm

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an E2E I would like to change over to LED and bring up to speed. What are some of the options? Thanks!

Do a search on the forum and you will find numerous threads on how to mod your E-series heads....:devil:

I just did a mod which screams,
took an old first gen. KL1 and simply stripped it from all the guts and such and then put it back together with a CREE....:thumbsup:

And this was my first mod......:naughty:

do not know exactly how many lumens but it does the trick and then some...
and with a IMS17 it throws pretty darn good for its size....

Trust me, it is easy enough...
just start reading gather knowledge....

dmz

Enlightened
Can some one point 1st time modders to a comprehensive mod your E-series heads with a led thread?

Dave Huck

Newly Enlightened
Surefire E-Series MicroTower (E-MT) LED drop in.
E-MT F2 - Slightly regulated, will suck cells dry. Works quite well with 17650(long runtime) but it won't be as bright as E-MT F1. You will need at least 4.0volts to unleash the maximum potential of E-MT F2. So the optimum configuration for E-MT F2 is 2 cells.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2311059
Norm

Hi Norm,

It sounds as though Koala is pretty backed up on production of the towers. I hope he can catch up as I'm definitely interested. Does anybody know the rough lumen output of the F2?

Cheers

Dave

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmmm, way lower than the opticshq then?

Thanks

Dave

Yes, I think that the Koala/Yclo dropin is mostly a nice floody one....
The TLS-head is more of a stunner so to speak....:cool:

If I were you I would consider either buying a custom or just build one..
It is infact rather easy in my opinion....

and cheaper...
get a Kl-series head and just swap the led and you get a very nice light...

Feel free to pm me if you need any help or suggestions Dave.....:cool:

Latest posts