from knife addiction to light addiction...

maxpower419

Newly Enlightened
Anyone else start off as a knife-a-holic?... I am exiting that stage, after having dozens of knives and trading/selling them off for other knives. I have finally found my favorite brand and models.

Now I find myself looking for a perfect light/s I Love my novatac (just wish pimping it out was a little easier) and am anxiously awaiting the new surefire models.

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup, I started off with knives. Mostly Spydercos and SAKs.

Since getting into lights, I can't remember the last time I bought a new knife. The urge comes up from time to time, but the money always gets spent elsewhere.

Regards,
Tempest

mrsinbad

Enlightened
Yeah, me too... my knife addiction not only included Spydercos (4 Police models, Wayne Goddards, Howard Viehle, Enduras, the $20 little guy from subscription renewals, 3-4 serrated kitchen knives including one big slicer, just off the top of my head), Benchmades (AFCK, Rescue hook, etc.), 3-4 Cold Steels, a bunch of Swiss Army knives, then to a custom long Bob Dozier NY Special, etc., etc., I even started to grind my own knives and have about 10-12 patterns in my box. Haven't touched the grinder for about 6 years and recently broke it out to make a couple pairs of maple chopsticks. Felt really good to have my fingers fractions of an inch from the spinning belt - the concentration, the focus, the relaxation, and the reward of making something really pretty and functional. I'm thinking I'm falling off the wagon on this, someone help me.

Then, I started with the flashlights... Group Buys here, sales on web sites, Price Club purchases, M@g X-mas sales, headlamps, camp lights, spot lights, lasers, arrrr! I need an intervention!

Hi, my name is mrsinbad....

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, all custom, over 100 .......so far......still one more every now and then.:devil:

Karl

chaoss

Enlightened
Same here, started out in search of THE ONE for me and after a dozen or so finally decided on the Spyderco mini manix p/e & a Lil Temperance p/e as a backup.
Now it's on to lights and the search continues. Right now the Novatac 120e is THE ONE but i'm sure that will change.:)

cmeisenzahl

Enlightened
I'm not deep into them, but I have and enjoy a Spyderco Meerkat, Buck Sirus, and Benchmade carbon-fiber 770.

maxpower419

Newly Enlightened
Same here, started out in search of THE ONE for me and after a dozen or so finally decided on the Spyderco mini manix p/e & a Lil Temperance p/e as a backup.
Now it's on to lights and the search continues. Right now the Novatac 120e is THE ONE but i'm sure that will change.:)

+1 for the novatac, I edc either a para-millitary or a yojimbo

Thinking about getting a 120p or maybe t

Knifekulture

Newly Enlightened
It all started with an Elishewitz Stryker to a mini-stryker then to couple of C.R. Sebenzas then to Ghostown bucks and Emersons.... Then one late winter day I stumbled across this site. Dont get me wrong I still love knives but theres something about flashlights that hit me at a different level. Such a simple device and yet so compelling to me. The light particles emitted from a flashlight have some kind of narcotic effect on me. Lord have mercy on me.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me, it wasn't so much starting with knife addiction and going to flashlight addiction as being a part of collecting camping and backpacking gear. It started with camping and backpacking which I use both lights and knives for as well as many other things. I have a collection of tents, stoves, lights, knives, sleeping mats, etc. On some backpacking trips, not everyone going has what they need and I end up loaning it out. It's better to help others have an enjoyable trip with the things they need most than to let them go unprepared and never want to go again. That way, more people go the next time.