Taurus PT 24/7 .45

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone own this hand gun? What is your opinion on it?

This is one gun I might purchase.

DieselTech

Enlightened
Depends on what you want it for. Taurus has failed to impress me, especially as a CCW. The machine work, from the examples I've seen and shot, is pretty poor. I might plink with one, but the carry duty is currently either a Glock or Springfield.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
This would be a gun for home protection mainly. Thanks for your comments. Anyone else?

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Taurus 24/7 .45 is my current EDC. My wife and I go shooting nearly every weekend and I've put 4000+ rounds through mine without a single problem. Honestly, I held it at a gun shop and it fit my hand so well that I bought it on the spot, I didn't do any research on it until I got home. I don't know enough about guns to confirm or deny DieselTech's opinion, but on mine the machining looks fine. Like I said, 4k+ rounds without a problem. I can put the entire magazine into a three inch circle at 20 yards. I'd have zero concerns using it for home defense. Good luck with your choice.

:buddies:

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got a Taurus PT100. Nice gun, mine was nicely fitted, accurate, and reliable for the few boxes I've put through it. I didn't like the smooth grips it came with and put on some rubberized aftermarket ones. That helped a lot.

My preference for a home defense gun would be a DA revolver, but to each their own.

Brlux

Enlightened
I have the 9mm version and like it a lot. The only complaints I have found online about the 24/7 were with respect to the .45 and failing to feed properly. I seem to remember it being related to the magazines and may have been remedied by now.