Cancelled RA twisty - Do I really need one?

Drywolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Back in the beginning of March, I cancelled my order for the RA twisty. I could not justify $165.00 for a 100 lumen untested light (Although the neat Pelican box of batteries was really cool).
Well, I wonder if this light will ever be offered for less than $165.00 ( I see the neat box is replaced with a holder)? And do the current owners feel this light is a must have to thier collection and why?
Thanks!

:shrug: :thinking: :help:

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
Curious to know too. I know Novatac were formerly made by HDS and from what I heard is that the HDS with the twisty switch is probably one of the most, if not the most, durable and reliable light for its size. I have the Novatac 120P and I love it ... but I paid less than $165 for it. I know there's a long thread about HDS RA Twisty, but it was way too long for me to scroll through.

Lumenz

Enlightened
Since when do CPFers buy flashlights because they need them? The question is: Do you want one?

I am skipping the Ra Twisty. I have a Novatac 120P, which I love, and I would prefer whatever is coming next from Ra in a clicky design.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very good point. I got the Novatac 120P, and I didn't really need it ... but I really wanted it. :whistle:

Since when do CPFers buy flashlights because they need them? The question is: Do you want one?

I am skipping the Ra Twisty. I have a Novatac 120P, which I love, and I would prefer whatever is coming next from Ra in a clicky design.

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Feels bombproof to me! To each his own, however I'm loving the low red/tight beam/exellent runtimes/runs cool/HDS quality!!!

Mayo

mightysparrow

Enlightened
I just received my Twisty 100 yesterday. This is by far the toughest and best-engineered flashlight I've ever owned. I can't imagine the survivability being improved upon. The light levels seem to be set perfectly, and the parts and knurling are all of the highest quality.

The engraving on the bezel is a great idea. Not only does it look classy, but it will not be rubbed off by my handling of the body of the light.

I love my new Twisty and it will be my go-to light, the light I know I can depend on when the going gets tough. I look forward to getting my 70-lumen model, also. I say, if you're on the fence and can afford the light, go for it. :thumbsup: