Light for work

wisconsinguy

Newly Enlightened
Hello...new guy here great forum.

I didn't realize there were so many lights available so i'll ask the experts to point me in the right direction.

In my job I use a flashlight every night, I now use a streamlight super stinger.
I would like to buy a led light for a back up when the stinger goes dead. So what I need is a bright light, long battery life, and rechargeable or AA or AAA batteries. A lifetime warranty would also be a plus. I don't really care about the cost as long as it meets my needs.

I am overwhelmed by all the choices in lights these days so can any of you experts give me a few of the top choices to research and chose from.

thanks
Phil

precisionworks

Flashaholic
:welcome:

Although you mention AA or AAA, the CR123 lights give more light for a longer time. The Surefire E1L & E1B are two top choices in a small, bright, two level 'work light'.

Almost all my lights are CR123 (the only exception is the Ion CR2). Batteries, even with daily use, last a long, long time.

Last edited:

wisconsinguy

Newly Enlightened
I use a light for 2 to 4 hours a night for work...I don't want to be buying batteries for it all the time. The company furnishes C and D and AAA and AA batteries but no cr123 batteries. If you can recharge the cr123 batteries then they would work for me.

I'll check out the surefire lights

thanks

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix L1D CE, a great single AA cell light small pocketable, multi level

Surefire Backup, great as a backup Secur' & PD, Two stage Hi then Lo, single 123 cell

Surefire E1L, great Everyday general carry, two stage Lo, then Hi, single 123

Maglight Mini-Mag LED, two AA cells

Any of these might be good for you. Since you haven't said your occupation you'll have to make the decision.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're doing security (?), the Lowes 3-Watt is a decent size: small enough to belt carry, but big enough to double as an impact weapon if needed...has decent run times and is extremely bright. Just my 2-cents.