The Flashaholic's Oath

Daekar

Enlightened
I haven't seen one of these before and I was bored at work waiting for somebody, so I jotted it down on a scrap piece of paper. What do you think? :D

The Flashaholic's Oath

I, _________________, do hereby solemnly swear to use a flashlight whenever the remotest opportunity arises, to carry at least one light on my person whenever I'm wearing clothes, and to promote the common carrying and use of lights by the general public, no matter how nerdy it makes me look.

Furthermore, I vow to stay up into the small hours of the morning reading reviews and comparing output curves, and to push the limits of engineering, technology, and my checking account/credit cards in the creation, modification, and acquisition of illumination tools.

With the Serving Wench as my witness, I promise to stand by this Oath until every bulb is burnt, the magic smoke has left every emitter, and every battery drained beyond all hope of recovery.

So say I, ___________________, proud member of the CandlePower Forums and Flashaholic!

Last edited:

gollum

Enlightened
As do I,gollum pledge...:laughing:

although... I think maybe it should begin like this....

Hello my name is ...... and I'm a flashaholic :clap::help::broke:

Dr Jekell

Enlightened
The Flashaholic's Oath

I, ______________, do hereby solemnly swear to use a flashlight whenever the remotest opportunity arises, to carry at least one light on my peron whenever I'm wearing pants, and to promote the common carrying and use of lights by the general public, no matter how nerdy it makes me look.

Furthermore, I vow to stay up into the small hours of the morning reading reviews and comparing output curves, and to push the limits of engineering, technology, and my checking account/credit cards in the creation, modification, and acquisition of illumination tools.

With the Serving Wench as my witness, I promise to stand by this Oath until every bulb is burnt, the magic smoke has left every emitter, and every battery drained beyond all hope of recovery.

So say I, ______________, pround member of the CandlePowerForums and Flashaholic!

Just being the devils advocate here but I think that this section needs a bit of work:

1) The correct spelling is not "peron" but "person".

2) I think "pants" should be changed to "clothes" as it then alow for the inclusion of members who are wearing shorts, skirts, kilts, swimsuits etc.

3) I have changed the parts which say "State Your Name" to a line for ease of reading.

4) The correct spelling is not "pround" but "proud".

5) "CandlePowerForums" Needs to have spaces in between the words (CandlePower Forums).

But other than that it is perfect.

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
The "oath" in my house, is the one I get from the spouse when the credit card bill arrives... (sigh)!

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since when does a flashlight require clothes? :naughty: I have a light in the shower sometimes, right outside the shower always.

I, PhantomPhoton do so pledge.

Daekar

Enlightened
Just being the devils advocate here but I think that this section needs a bit of work:

1) The correct spelling is not "peron" but "person".

2) I think "pants" should be changed to "clothes" as it then alow for the inclusion of members who are wearing shorts, skirts, kilts, swimsuits etc.

3) I have changed the parts which say "State Your Name" to a line for ease of reading.

4) The correct spelling is not "pround" but "proud".

5) "CandlePowerForums" Needs to have spaces in between the words (CandlePower Forums).

But other than that it is perfect.

Thanks for the corrections! I'll fix those... :twothumbs

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
"So say we all"

-LT

cylonanimnew1bt4.gif

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
The "oath" in my house, is the one I get from the spouse when the credit card bill arrives... (sigh)!
That's why I hide the VISA bill :whistle:

She still hasn't asked where the new Maha chargers came from or the LSD batteries that are reproducing like rabbits :)

But she did ask where the battery holders came from.."oh, a place near Montreal" :)

m16a

Enlightened
I do so pledge!

Hey maybe we should get cards printed that say certified card carrying flashaholic?? You know, so if we are asked about it, we can whip it out and say we are certified card carrying flashaholics that will never be left in the dark!:twothumbs