Are You Planning to Buy the "Silver" NDI?

Centropolis

Enlightened
Anyone 'pre-ordered' a limited edition NDI yet? It looks nice but I'd rather the finish be brushed instead of shinny. Also, they mentioned that they are not going to have the name on flashlight at all. Does anyone know the reason for that?

It would also be cool if they can number them...like 0105 since there will only be 1000 made.

Mandril

Banned
any pictures? it looks like a winner since limited lights seem to do very well among collectors another i can think of is SF titan or the limited SS from Fenix even the L0d ti. Hope the value climbs.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
i personally dont think it looks very nice. A light with that much knurling should have HA....

either way, my NDi is my user...and a good one at that

Crenshaw

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ahhhhh reflected sun burning skin ...burning, I'm Burning :poof:

No, I'm bling averse. Even at the same price I would not go for a shiny version, let alone pay a premium for it.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dude you ever been to the gym? it is full of knurling bars with chrome they all look nice. :thinking:
lol for 88 dollars i would much rather buy the new Nitecore Extreme. Wayyy more worth the money IMO.

Crenshaw

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone 'pre-ordered' a limited edition NDI yet? It looks nice but I'd rather the finish be brushed instead of shinny. Also, they mentioned that they are not going to have the name on flashlight at all. Does anyone know the reason for that?

It would also be cool if they can number them...like 0105 since there will only be 1000 made.

With NO identifiable markings on it by the maker - to prove who made it - how can it be a collectable ???

Things of collective value need to have markings of authenticity - or the buyer will suspect YOU made it in your garage .

I think it's just "Limited Edition"....... but how will you prove who made it ?

And it needs to be made of a NEW space-aged polymer plastic which conducts and dissapates heat - but is not COLD to the touch like metal is.

That would be nice

Flic

Enlightened
Looks like I'm really in the minority here. I've already ordered from the Canadian distributor. I've had a few M@gs nickel-plated by Will and others and the result is excellent. They look good and take on a very nice patina with use.

Citivolus

Enlightened
what does it mean it will lack the lockout function? What is the lockout function?

Lockout will be unavailable on this model because it works as follows:

The threads which connect the tail switch in many lights to the body are anodised so that they won't conduct electricity. The very end of the tube is not anodised, and is designed to make contact with a conductor on the switch assembly. This allows you to unscrew the switch by a partial turn to block the flow of electricity, preventing the light from turning on even if the switch is activated. This is very useful when carrying a light that you don't want to turn on, or when packing it in your bag, etc.

As this light is Nickel plated and not anodised, and Nickel is conductive, a lockout using this mechanism can't be made. The tail switch would require a redesign, and then Surefire would sue them :duh2:

Regards,
Eric

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I might consider getting one of these if no other reason than the Nickel finish will probably be more durable than an anodized finish. I would hope the finish is Nickel Chrome. Pure nickel would quickly get oxidized just from handling it and turn quite dark and ugly after a short while.

Last edited:

Centropolis

Enlightened
With NO identifiable markings on it by the maker - to prove who made it - how can it be a collectable ???

Things of collective value need to have markings of authenticity - or the buyer will suspect YOU made it in your garage .

I think it's just "Limited Edition"....... but how will you prove who made it ?

Yes, this may be the one reason why I may not buy it. About the silver finish, I'd rather have it brushed SS type finish rather than all shiny.