Surefire E1B compared to Jet I Pro R2

IcantC

Enlightened
Just wondering if someone who owns both can offer a comparison. I have read the reviews and seem most were not happy with the Jet I's runtimes. I plan to run it on Eneloops and carry it as a backup(the irony) or EDC for days off in summer. I like the Jet for the AA battery and the R2 beam color.

I do have some AW 3.7 R123, which apparently would make the E1B flicker. I do have plenty of CR123's as well.

I picked up accidently the older single stage E1L, which I will be returning. It is about as bright as my Jetbeam C-LE on high. I would like something reliable and so let me know if you have had any problems with either? I currently own a few SF's and 1 JetBeam C-LE(love it and no problems).

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Obviously the E1B is the better made light. The Jet I Pro will out throw the E1B. If Jetbeam fixes (if they haven't already) the circuit so the medium mode doesn't run down the battery as fast as high mode, and they improve the quality of the parts in the tail cap (switch, retaining ring, etc), it would be a much better light.

IcantC

Enlightened
Obviously the E1B is the better made light. The Jet I Pro will out throw the E1B. If Jetbeam fixes (if they haven't already) the circuit so the medium mode doesn't run down the battery as fast as high mode, and they improve the quality of the parts in the tail cap (switch, retaining ring, etc), it would be a much better light.

Thanks for your input, I am awaiting for the IBS JET I pro to come out. I only use 2 modes, high and low. I wanted something slightly brighter than the E1B and liked that it uses AA. I am really trying hard not to buy both :whistle:

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're fine with the E1B's size, the recently reviewed JET-II IBS performs much better than the JET-I PRO. At 100% its runtime is shorter, but at a mere 2x the E1B's light it has a decent runtime.

Or, since you said you like AAs, abd build quality is the major issue with JB, try the Nitecore Defender Infinity - build quality and design is right up there with Surefire. Efficiency is up with the best, but its not the brightest out there - your choice :shrug:

IcantC

Enlightened
If you're fine with the E1B's size, the recently reviewed JET-II IBS performs much better than the JET-I PRO. At 100% its runtime is shorter, but at a mere 2x the E1B's light it has a decent runtime.

Or, since you said you like AAs, abd build quality is the major issue with JB, try the Nitecore Defender Infinity - build quality and design is right up there with Surefire. Efficiency is up with the best, but its not the brightest out there - your choice :shrug:

As weird as this may sound, I am not a big fan of the DI for some reason. Not to mention I do not want any twisting involved. I was looking forward to the new Nitcore Extreme. I will have to wait until reviews come out.

Only reason I wanted SF was since they are local, easier to get replacement parts. Also 5 years from now, should be easier to get SF parts than a newer company parts.