SF E1L dual. Strange behavior...

winger

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone seen this?

Press and hold the tailcap switch (not far enough to 'click' ) - at this point the light should be on low.

Release the switch (light turns off) and pause no more than 3 seconds then press and hold again (not far enough to 'click') - at this point the light should be on high.

Now, press all the way down until the 'click' occurs.

I swear, the light used to go and stay on high at this point. Now, once the 'click' occurs, the light turns from high to low.

*** If I do the following, the light does stay on high.
Press and hold the tailcap switch (not far enough to 'click' ) - at this point the light should be on low.

Release switch (light turns off) and immediately press again all the way down until the 'click' occurs - at this point, the light stays on high.

*** If I do the following, the light does stay on high.
Press on the tailcap switch all the way until the 'click' - at this point the light should be on low.

Click switch until light goes off, then immediately press again all the way down until the 'click' occurs - at this point, the light stays on high.

Last edited:

bigfoot

Enlightened
If I press and release enough times (no clicking), really fast, all in a row it seems like there will be a few times where the light jumps back to high mode twice.

Low-High-Low-High-Low-High-Low-High-High-Low-High-Low-High-High-Low-High

I don't see it as a problem, though. I can't think of any time I will be clicking that fast in the real world.

With your light is it a newer battery? I wonder if the light doesn't have enough juice that it isn't going to the high mode.

dcowboyscr

Newly Enlightened
Greenwood(Indianapolis), Indiana & Orlando, Florid
On my E1B I've noticed that if I press(without clicking) fast enough every once in a while the light won't change levels(from high). It hardly happens at all and isn't a problem.

I have noticed however if the light is unused for 20 seconds or more when I press the button couple times quickly the high level comes on twice. But then acts normally no matter how fast I push or click the button.

I'm wondering if this is a built in feature for a LEO pulling his light out in a high stress situation and pressing for high and accidentally pressing twice?????

cbubu

Newly Enlightened
like you, with the E1B Backup, very often I have high mode twice and then low :
High-High-Low-High-High-Low ...
I wondered if it was the use of LiFOPO4 RCR123... are you using primaries ?

with the E2L Dual output I have some times the following sequence (but it's more rare)
Low-High-High-Low-High-High ...

Regards,