TerraLux MiniStar/w Cree?

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone have this TerraLux MiniStar/w Cree module as shown at the Battery Junction website! I was looking at getting one for a MiniMag or should I just spend the extra buck and get a Fenix? I like the MiniMags due to all the assesories I can get for them.

chiphead

carpe nocto...seize the night.

Frankiarmz

Enlightened
Does anyone have this TerraLux MiniStar/w Cree module as shown at the Battery Junction website! I was looking at getting one for a MiniMag or should I just spend the extra buck and get a Fenix? I like the MiniMags due to all the assesories I can get for them.

chiphead

carpe nocto...seize the night.

I bought mine from Battteryjunction.com along with the tailcap and my MiniMag is like a new and much better flashlight. Yes, for a bit more money you can get a Fenix or as I did a Olight T-20 which are much more versatile but it's really something to have a MiniMag with this kind of performance. Now instead of poor light that dims quickly, I have a very bright like that stays very bright for several hours. I use AA NIMH batteries. Got my batteries at Walmart, look for the words Hybrid or Precharged. These NIMH batteries hold their charge a very long time when not in use. Go for the Upgrade, you won't be sorry. Remember you lose the ability to focus your light but the trade off was well worth the performance. Good Luck.

davedds

Newly Enlightened
I also agree with the 2nd post that these (5EX for about 24.95) are great LED upgrades. There are the other terralux ones but I think they are of the older LED technology. I got my 5EX from batteryjunction and the terralux tailclicky thing.

I also got a UCL (the 1.25 one, not the boroglass one for 4.50) from lighthound. At 1st I did'nt think it would make too much of a difference but after reading about it here and then pulling my plastic lens out and holding it up to the light as you shine it on a white background you will see a bit of "tint" or "yellowing" due to the nature of plastics...The UCL is "Clear" and lets about 97-99% of the light through. I read somewhere that the plastic ones will yellow over time and then reduce or change the amount of light that passes it.....

my 2 pennies

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
true on the ucl...i didnt think stock plastic was so bad till i got a ucl , you can see how much more crystal clear it is than stock, its like theres nothing there