Protected Tail caps for the Surefire 6P?

IPSC_GUY

Newly Enlightened
I actually have that one and with a strike bezel you will have pointed weapon on both ends. The "Tri point" design is actually fairly sharp. I like the completely enclosed one is what I want but they are out of them at the moment. So I was wondering if there was anything else on the market.

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA

Lightdude

Newly Enlightened
Yeah that's the Z48 and Z49 made by Surefire. You can buy them separatly from the light. I have a Z49 on my 6PL and love it!

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is also the SW02 switch but its kinda pricey.
medium.jpg

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
princy and long and clumsy to use, as you have to position thumb carefully above rubber boot, so not for quick deploy. Do get tailstanding, though.

Bill

kozstik

Newly Enlightened
Hi All, newb here

I use a maglight anti-roll device and slip it over the tail cap of my 6P. I got this idea from reading a different thread on CPF. I had to add a rubber ring under the anti-roll device so that the button is protected and so my 6P can tail-stand. Without a rubber ring, the button sticks out a bit. The one downside to this modifcation is that it makes the end of your 6P almost as wide as the head...but for me it's no big deal.

This method is a little ghetto-style, but it's a cheap solution until I can get my hands on something nice like what's been mentioned above. :D
I bought the anti-roll device as part of the maglight AA accessory pack.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Hi All, newb here

I use a maglight anti-roll device and slip it over the tail cap of my 6P. I got this idea from reading a different thread on CPF. I had to add a rubber ring under the anti-roll device so that the button is protected and so my 6P can tail-stand. Without a rubber ring, the button sticks out a bit. The one downside to this modifcation is that it makes the end of your 6P almost as wide as the head...but for me it's no big deal.

This method is a little ghetto-style, but it's a cheap solution until I can get my hands on something nice like what's been mentioned above. :D
I bought the anti-roll device as part of the maglight AA accessory pack.

Is that thing pretty elastic? Will it stretch over the 6P bezel, and not obstruct the light output? Ive been wanting to add some thing to protect the bezel.

kozstik

Newly Enlightened
Kramer5150

No, it's not elastic. It's fairly rigid and will fit like a glove over the tail of the 6P. The bezel diameter is too big.