Check out this awesome Mini maglite Drop in (video)

pyromaniac

Newly Enlightened
Hello dd61999,

i don't think the above link is correkt.
The manufacturer of this dropin is the engineer Sven Dittmann.
His ebay name is led4more. You will find a running auktion of this dropin.
(I dont know if it's allowed to post ebay links.)

Sorry for my bad english!

regards....Stefan

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did the best I could translating the page

From competition and trademark reasons and obligations deposited please my references and definitions in the appropriate sections and at the end of the description and please note that it is not a product of the company Mag Instrument, Inc., but a product a so-called competitor. The listed company and product names are the property of their respective owners and are used only to describe the compatibility and identification.

It offers an LED conversion rate than own product development and equity in an exclusive small series by me with the predicate hand-made in Germany-and the goal of the LED lamps for this operation at the highest level possible. (Because I very often the difference to ask: No, it is not for the 15, - € available in the U.S. and more than double the price offered modules. My philosophy in the implementation is not "come out to the devil" but compliance with the rules of technology and engineering consistent with a maximum possible result!)

Demo Video: Please see the performance of the reconstruction, images times now say more than words!

Replacement LED Mini Maglite AA - MyVideo
To place the associated light output shows the 1) left a MINI MAGLITE ® AA used up with the replacement - (light output approximately 4200lx on battery power) and a Surefire outdoorsman. My thanks at this point to Mr. Steffen Jahn, Jahn photo studio from Stuttgart to me as a professional this comparison concerned. In the 2) Figure the light compared to the Vortex Tr5 (current price 190, - $), Fenix P1D-CE (price about 55, - €) and a converted lamp with LED Replacement!

Reconstruction: The rebuilding is simple and without means for everyone to do. The switch (the host pears from the black plastic) is against the replacement of the reflector and an optimized lens exchanged. Please note that the beam of the original Mag-lite ® / Mini Maglite ® not be changed or be focused. The lens allows the lamp when you turn immediately in the spot starts and on the further rotation of the lamp head, the focus and the light beam similar to the LED Lenser-focus series changed. The decommissioning is both easy and fast! If the parts to be lost, these are available as an accessory! By sending message to eBay or direct purchase the buyer gets a conversion to safety instructions. Please note that the change in the original state of the flashlight or your ingredients to the exclusion of Mag Instrument for their Mag-lite ® / ® Mini Maglite flashlight granted 10-year warranty. There is no damage like fine-tuning, drill o.ä to the lamp, the conversion uses only the dismantling and cutting (the switch) into the individual components.

Technical details and considerations: (for some separation of focus to bring into the Dark, see Introduction)

Cree LED as the world's leading developer and manufacturer is working with several LED manufacturers. Allen diodes with Cree chip is a very wide and light control from the current levy of up to 250lm together! The diode is used by me in a working point of ca.130lm. Behind Ask equivalent statements, whether eingestzte drivers are able to achieve values promoted as Hinweis.Leider About beating the information in the offers. Please question in the first place which flows / performance in the LED driver, not the system itself. A 300lm LED with less than one third of the nominal current operated just brings iR "only" from 100lm LED. Similarly, the statement advertised for 3W LED o.ä applicable. The Kostrukteur is called the temperature and thus performance of the system within the limits of the manufacturer to keep. This can only pick the loss of power (heat) or through modulation performance in continuous operation. Indicator of whether we succeed is not the brightness but the consistency in the light color. Färbt the bluish light, this is a sign that the whole thing too hot and the bulbs ages hastily.

Technical considerations:

What benefit is from 3V attainable?
Result: the maximum LED current of 1000mA or even 1500mA is tech. in the dimension unreachable!
Which times and is Akku.Betrieb possible?
Result: upgrading and increase in performance have a price, renewals are not possible; battery - YES, perfect!
What temperature would stress the whole system exposed?
Result: without power or heat dissipation reduction would damage the system
How can the "fundamental problem" of a possible thermal damage on declared and sought high-performance solved?
Solution: there must be a thermal coupling to the housing, even if a simple conversion this is necessary.
The LED and the necessary voltage conversion is for heat supply to the cabinet, which, depending on the operating time handwarm. The performance of the LED implemented and enforced the losses occurring voltage conversion are effectively removed!

Operating: batteries should be decreasing light output in the next 1.5 hours exchanged and loaded, otherwise the replacement switches. If this voltage is reached begins the module periodically flashing! The maximum flux of about 130lm, depending on the quality and capacity of batteries for 1.5 hours continuous operation delivered! There is a total burn time of approximately 5 hours if the residual light attention. In normal operation, in normal use considers the converted lamp on days with a Batt .- or battery charge.

Return: ME see page. Who with his module is not satisfied, gets by me, contrary to the Ausagen on the ME-side money inclusive postage for the return shipment. The whole thing is free of risks

Price: I know this is a lot of money, but I am sure there is more light not for the money with the operating costs, as previously described. I am convinced, as much light with these properties is not in suit, shirt pocket or bag stowed. Whether in support rescue and security services as state commercial, outdoor recreation or the lamp has its place and lovers and was sometimes not exactly cheap. Why not convert? Dare to step because practiced sustainability begins on a small scale and the performance after the conversion as shown in the video, the gain for you!

The accounting is done without expulsion and withdrawal of sales tax, because the small entrepreneurs regime under Section 19 UStG apply.

Further LED conversions, suitable for

Walther-Tactical -
Surefire 6P
Cell Maglite 2-, 3-Cell and from 4-Cell will be supplied with free Dummies
As a separate project, my front lighting for cycling's nearing completion. There are still the best ways of fixing and the LiIon battery charger on a zero-final series to test and fix. The aim is still in the spring Freeride auszuleuchten!

Due to the interest expressed specifically Geocacher, but I've decided to retrofit with more than 10W. This unternehem I currently first test and drafts with Seoul P7. This LED is values of 700lm - 900lm reach! Intention is to present such modifications contract terms, given a few technical changes are necessary. It is operated from 3 batteries or 4 batteries. If all my expectations, ebenfals variants with LiIon or LiPo batteries, and according to intelligent drivers as the basis for other applications possible. In this case, the bulb the size of a lamp rod 2 cells do not exceed!

Frankiarmz

Enlightened
I have the 5TL-EX upgrade by TerraLux that I got from Batteryjunction.com and just last night I did some comparison with a standard MiniMag. The results looked about the same as the video with the LED blowing away the standard light for brightness.

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the 5TL-EX upgrade by TerraLux that I got from Batteryjunction.com and just last night I did some comparison with a standard MiniMag. The results looked about the same as the video with the LED blowing away the standard light for brightness.

I have the terralux as well, even though it is impressive, it is about the same as a 3watt MagLED without as much throw.

You can see in the video that this drop in completely kills the 3w MagLED. I dont think the terralux would even come close

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I guess its all subjective... but I think 130L out of 2AAs is pretty impressive. The 2AA minimag is an $8 USA made host, thats B&M available, and chances are many people already have at least a couple. Sure there are other popular CPF lights that will beat its lumen output, but those lights cost more than a minimag+drop in. There are better lights on DX/KD, but many CPF'ers don't like ordering from China, or playing the KD/DX-roulette game.

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
inside the MM the heat from a high powered led cant be moved to the body, so the led overheats.

Take a look at the video again, it seems to have its own heat sink similar to a malkoff.

led4more

Newly Enlightened
I's me, please take a look at here! (a new compare)

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=8puzgXr3ivY

I start to develop and manufacture LED modules nearly three year ago.

To nanotech17: If you want a heatsink contact me! You get one for free only shipping. Perhaps you have more powerful led-driver.

I must apologize for my english cause I've not enough practice.

Best regards Sven, Munich

nanotech17

Flashlight Enthusiast
I's me, please take a look at here! (a new compare)

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=8puzgXr3ivY

I start to develop and manufacture LED modules nearly three year ago.

To nanotech17: If you want a heatsink contact me! You get one for free only shipping. Perhaps you have more powerful led-driver.

I must apologize for my english cause I've not enough practice.

Best regards Sven, Munich

Yes i will :D
PM inbound.