Your favorite form factor of flashlights?

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm curious as to what everyone's favorite form factor of flashlights are.

I guess mine are dictated a bit by the power source - I prefer AAs since they are everywhere and cheap to boot.

During the winter when it was cold, I loved carrying my 2AA Fenix L2D Q5 because it was easy to tuck into my jacket.

Now that it's summer and I wear shorts instead of jeans, and no jacket, my favorite form factor is now the 1AA. I will have a 1AAA light (Fenix E01 for instance) as a backup, but my EDC is the 1AA or the 2AA.

What are your favorite form factor and why?

m13a8

Newly Enlightened
I really like my 1xAA/14500 light. Easily pocketable. On occasion I'll carry my 2xAA L2D-CE, but the JetBeam MK II IBS is my favorite EDC right now. I have an E01 on the way as a backup keychain light.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally I'd like a flashlight in a two-C cell form factor, something true to their size.

Running a 1W Led with a single output 30L and run forever. This should make a flashlight about 1.25" in diameter and approx 6.5" long.

Perfect for 99% of the population to slip in their coat pocket while out for a walk.

After all why should a 2-C cell Maglight with two batteries totaling LESS than 4" inches in length be nine inches long?

Last edited:

jayhackett03

Enlightened
handheld:
L1 Cree (1x123)
Jetbeam II IBS (1x123)

keychain:
LOD CE (1xaaa)
P1D CE (1x123)

headlight
any headlight:)

My3kidsfather

Enlightened
Right now I carry a new UltraFire SS C3 Q5 in my pocket, and a Standard C3 on my belt. I carry the SS 'cause it's my edc, and the black UF C3 and holster because I have a few for sale.

I really liked my Romisen C3 twisty but Vera needed it. I actually prefer a single twisty cr123a's shape as it is only slightly wider than an single AA, but 1/2" shorter so it protrudes less in my pants pocket. I am looking at the new Angel group of lights just released. Just got a new Inova T5 UV that is proving surprising to find things around here that glow..

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
2 cell lights some of my carry lights are, SF E2E, SF A2, SF L2 and my newest light is my SF E2L body with a custom milkyspit KX2 head and my Inova T1.

Last edited:

liquidsix

Enlightened
1xAA for general use, its small and almost unnoticablly pocketable.
2xCR123 to satisfy my flashaholic need for POWER! (while still maintaining a relative 'out of the way size').
1xAAA probably the most useful since that's really the biggest EDC I'll have.

Soo, that's not one favourite, it's three.... I guess it's a tie between 1xAA and 2xCR123

lyrrag

Newly Enlightened
Right now it's a CR2 Arcmania Extreme Micro in my shirt pocket and a Jetbeam Jet I IBS in a holster on my belt.

lyrrag

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love the way 2xCR123a or equivalent flashlights looks (i.e., SF 6P, Jetbeam Jet-III pro). But for EDCing, I prefer 1 cell lights, either 1xAA or 1XCR123a. I carry L0d, which is my only 1xAAA flashlight. I think they're great because they're small, but it's a bit too small for my liking.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
I prefer different form factors for different requirements.

EDC pocket carry AAA. I will pocket a Civictor V1 but nothing longer. I will go up to AA/14500 if belt carried.

Household use 4AA stubby with a flat bottom so I can ceiling bounce.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Well, what I wanna' see . . . .

a modern-emitter flashlight, in a 4-AA form-factor.

Made of a tough, durable PLASTIC ! ! !

Like a Streamlight ProPolymer 4AA Luxeon,

or a Princeton Tec Impact XL.

I'm NOT concerned with ultimate, retina-scorching brightness.

So the lack of "heat-sinking" in a plastic light wouldn't be a drawback.

Anybody else feel like i do ?

Then, raise yer' hand !

:wave:

_