LS Sheath

Status
Not open for further replies.

sstrauss

Newly Enlightened
I have been using one of the Walmart multi tool sheaths for a few weeks with my LS with twist pack. The nylon is starting to wear. Are there any leather sheaths that work?

V

vlights

Arc-Flashlight has a nylon one for their Arc-LS. I'm using it and it works pretty good!
-----
oops, just saw that you have a twist pack. i just looked at my nylon case and fill the bottom with some foam pieces so my twist pack and the LS would fit smuggly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kercheval

Newly Enlightened
They had some prototype sheaths for the LS which were smaller and fit the twistie quite well.

They may still have some of those hanging about. If they don't, I have one I would be willing to part with. Email me if interested.

sstrauss

Newly Enlightened
I just receieved an Arc nylon sheath from Tactical Warehouse. It is a little big for the twist tailcap but then I can fit spare battery in it also.

Scott

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want to know why a crappy little nylon sheath with a closed belt loop is so damn expensive! I wouldn't give you six bucks for that, it looks like the belt loop isn't even nylon it's that crappy wideweave polypro. For the kind of money they want for it it should have multiple attachment options and still be half the price. Larger, better quality sheaths and mag holders cost less than that and feature all nylon mil-spec fabrics, adjustable quick detach loops for horizontal and vertical wear, are MOLLE and RACK compatible and feature adjustable lids. Not that these are small enough for a LS other than one with the AA powerpack but their value speaks volumes to me. Sorry about the rant but how can $15-$18 for that tiny sheath be justified. Peter, maybe you should contact Tactical Tailor to make up some less expensive but better versions with adjustable lids to complement the use of different powerpacks and several attachment methods. I do however love your lights!

Later,
TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

onelight

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I wonder if any of the holsters for pepper spray would fit the LS? Some of the stores that cater to police have a variety of belt gear.

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
Wow, someone else who goes to Tactical Tailor for their needs. That's a great place that produces some very durable and customizable gear. I have a ton of stuff from them, as well as from CQB Solutions. Two great places.

Didn't mean to go off topic, but I was going to say that I didn't think about using the bottom of the LS sheath to house a spare battery with the twist tailcap. Good idea.

I'm trying to custom make a nylon pouch that will be modular with the MOLLE attachment system for rucksacks/backpacks re: the LSH. I'm sort of up in the air right now about that, since I'm also considering an Arc TSP AA for the LSH. Anyone know of a compatible pouch that will allow the TSP AA attachment?

-Jim

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I've got to agree, that's a pretty steep price for that little pouch!

Smoky Mountain Knife Works has a size variety of generic sheaths that cost from around $2-$5.

They have one that's a bit tight when new, but with a little stretching isn't too bad (p.n. "SH1070") that's pretty good for the ARC LS w/TSP.

They have another (p.n. "SHZP") that's meant for a Zippo lighter and it fits my LS w/twisty just fine.

They are both black nylon and $2 each. Can't remember who turned me on to those, maybe Catdaddy or nascar?

Bill.H

Enlightened
Try Kydex, Eric is making some. They're not on his website at this time but it can't hurt to ask. The man is a Kydex expert. He does custom work too, such as a holder for your LS + your Benchmade and a multi-tool or whatever.

http://www.mnsi.net/~nbtnoel/
http://www.mnsi.net/~nbtnoel/flashlights.htm

(I am not affiliated in any way)

Another thought... make your own of Kydex or leather, it's really not hard to learn. Plenty of instructions on the web.

Status
Not open for further replies.