Surefire M2 and C2 heatsinking

Yoda4561

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well after losing my L4 last year at work I've not gotten a replacement for it, figuring surefire was going to announce some upgraded Cree/seoul super LED version this year. Since it looks like if anything it's being discontinued I'm thinking that a better idea is one of the P60 module lights. With the flood of aftermarket LED P60 modules this seems like a no-brainer, want the latest and best LED tech? Just buy a drop-in module upgrade. The M2 and C2 are perfect replacements to me because they're both roughly the same length as the L4 and have pocket clips, biggest difference is the shock isolation on the M2 and the larger bezel.... and larger pricetag :mecry:

So the question is are there any advantages to either of these models as far as sucking the heat off the LED module? I like the idea of the M2's shock isolation but I wonder if that won't hurt it's heatsinking ability? I like the C2 as it's slimmer and better looking than the M2, but if the M2 will make for a better platform in general I'll go with that instead.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
get the C2. There is no need for the shock isolation with solid state lighting. Cheaper, easier to carry, and you only lose one o-ring at the tail. If I'm not mistaken the foam ring in the M2 bezel is not good for heat transfer

Latest posts