Whats the best fenix ledlight I should buy

Cappie

Newly Enlightened
I have to make one compromise though, it may not cost more than 100€. there's so many models to choose from and I dunno what is considered to be among the best as far as light output and throw are concerned.

I been looking at the several lights but specs mean nothing to me, its customer reviews that count in my book.

thnx all,

Cappie

Centropolis

Enlightened
I have to make one compromise though, it may not cost more than 100€. there's so many models to choose from and I dunno what is considered to be among the best as far as light output and throw are concerned.

I been looking at the several lights but specs mean nothing to me, its customer reviews that count in my book.

thnx all,

Cappie

I am sure you're going to get asked by CPFers how you're planning to use this flashlight. And what battery format were you looking for.....

So why not tell us a bit more about your requirements?

But to give you a VERY general answer....the highest output and throw should be the TK10 and then the P3D Q5. They use CR123A batteries. If you are thinking AAs....then the L2D Q5 should be the highest output.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
imho: Your personal preference, any advice is from the point of view of the one that types.

by now You "only" get "Q5" models, "op" reflector.
all of them are more-or-less identical in output and runtime.

* if You already have rechargeable AA cells (cheap) and a good charger (expensive) --> L2D
* if no charger, Li-Ion were the way to go --> P3D

but, my POV, there is no 18650 model right now and the CR123a Li-Ions are small and double the number of loose cells than the "better" cell.
Multicell-charger for Li-Ion is cheap, cells cost the same as Ni-Mhs.
As hiker and backpacker, I dont consider those silly "tactical" strike-bezel models as useful, therefore just L2D and P3D as choices.

Cappie

Newly Enlightened
Just need one that throws far, my preference is for CR123a batteries cuz I can get those more easily, the li-ions are so superexpensive here in Europe that its almost unpayable(they treat them like they are made from gold).

My uses are just regular outdoor stuff, I do not need a floodlight, I want high lumen and far throw.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the L2D. The newer version is about 50 lumens brighter than mine but mine is bright enough! I put it in my backpack and use it when I am out in the woods with my camera. I take wildlife photos in my spare time and the L2D is a good tool for looking under rocks and crevices for snakes and other things that crawl!!!!!:grin2: I use lithium AA's in it and it works great. I also prefer AA lights over CR123's.

Mike

meuge

Enlightened
Just need one that throws far, my preference is for CR123a batteries cuz I can get those more easily, the li-ions are so superexpensive here in Europe that its almost unpayable(they treat them like they are made from gold).

My uses are just regular outdoor stuff, I do not need a floodlight, I want high lumen and far throw.
Then Fenix TK10 is the better choice for you. It's the furthest throwing of the Fenix lights, and the brightest.

That being said, it's not an everyday carry light. That's a job reserved for the P1D, P2D, L1D or L1T.

Cappie

Newly Enlightened
How the TK10 compared to the Olight T20-M, are they comparable as far as throw and brightness are concerned? My last question and then I made up my mind;)

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I think you'll like the T10, though if you really want throw and would accept a larger light, the Dereelight DBS will throw further(But cost more too).

Where did you buy from?

bessiebenny

Enlightened
You won't regret getting the TK10 imo. It's one of my favourites.
Btw, TK10 isn't really a thrower. The hotspot is quite big and soft.
That said, it is still very bright and a very very nice light indeed.
I've done a quick review of it also so check out my thread in sig. =)

FrankW438

Newly Enlightened

If you can still find one, the Fenix T1 is a better thrower than the TK10. I own both of these lights, and side by side, the T1 can light things up better at a distance than the TK10.

I noticed that you already bought the TK10. You won't be disappointed with it. It's really a great light.

-- Frank

Cappie

Newly Enlightened
I bought mine from this store,

http://www.flashlightshop.de/index.php?cPath=34_35

I am not a US resident, so have to buy this stuff much more costly than all you guys:( I wish I could buy stuff from US stores but I can't, our customs are amongst the most gritty *******s of the entire world, shipping to my country takes about 3-4 months, normally its in my country within 3 days but once it goes through customs it goes through processing and they even tax you for storing your item cuz they can't do their jobs quick enough(but basically they'r just doing it this slow to discourage buying stuff overseas).

So have to buy from european stores that stiff you every way possible:(

If someone here knows european stores that offre flashlights cheaper than this, then lemme know, and I don't mean 5€ cheaper, I mean stores that sell these lights at about the same price as in the US. So far I found none.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Those are horrible prices, double what they should be. I would recommend buying from the US based Fenix-Store. It's cheaper prices and free worldwide shipping should more than offset those prices.

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought mine from this store,

http://www.flashlightshop.de/index.php?cPath=34_35

I am not a US resident, so have to buy this stuff much more costly than all you guys:( I wish I could buy stuff from US stores but I can't, our customs are amongst the most gritty *******s of the entire world, shipping to my country takes about 3-4 months, normally its in my country within 3 days but once it goes through customs it goes through processing and they even tax you for storing your item cuz they can't do their jobs quick enough(but basically they'r just doing it this slow to discourage buying stuff overseas).

So have to buy from european stores that stiff you every way possible:(

If someone here knows european stores that offre flashlights cheaper than this, then lemme know, and I don't mean 5€ cheaper, I mean stores that sell these lights at about the same price as in the US. So far I found none.

Where do you live? Prices are pretty bad in the UK ($80 for a 2D mag being the latest!), but at least you can buy from other countries.