Limited number of GS available

Status
Not open for further replies.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sent my ARC GS back for replacement on 4/11. I just got an email saying my replacement was sent out 5/2, so I'm assuming this is from the new batch. When I get it I'll let everyone know how it looks.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Does this batch have the LEDS sunk deeper into the bezel? I recall at one time, you mentioned having the manufacturing process changed to do so.

So, I'll consider the lack of a response as an admission that it's still possible and probable that the LED still sticks out too far. If anyone is getting any of these, please post the answer.

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am surprised that the price is still $50 especially with the release of the $15 Fenix E01

Don't get me wrong the ARC is brighter,smaller, better spill, and a proven durability record. I just thought the price would come back down to a more reasonable $39.99. But if sales are still strong @ $50 a pop, God bless Arc!

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, these units are now guaranteed to not have the LED protrude past the edge of the head. As a result, we now will replace units exhibiting this feature.

I have yet to do testing to show how much the brightness (if any) is being reduced by having the die lower in the cavity. However, I suspect that the units will continue to meet or exceed our publish lumen ratings.

Again, we only have a small number of these new GS available. I am still in the process of lining up a new anodizing shop (currently we are doing test runs with several shops).

peter

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, these units are now guaranteed to not have the LED protrude past the edge of the head. As a result, we now will replace units exhibiting this feature.

I have yet to do testing to show how much the brightness (if any) is being reduced by having the die lower in the cavity. However, I suspect that the units will continue to meet or exceed our publish lumen ratings.

Again, we only have a small number of these new GS available. I am still in the process of lining up a new anodizing shop (currently we are doing test runs with several shops).

peter

By any chance will the previous defective anodized parts be offered on the accessories page at a discount for mod projects.:D

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic

peter

Thanks Peter.

nokturnal

Newly Enlightened

peter

moving the Arc name back in the right direction!

if i didn't lose my Arc GS i would sent it in for a replacement, but i picked up a near perfect Arc DS so i'm happy for now...

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
My (2) units just arrived. The LED is sunk just enough that it doesn't stick out the end of the bezel. It can now rest face-down on a flat surface without wobbling or falling. From what I recall from my 1st gen Arc-GS, the beam appears to be the same. Unit #1 is on the meter as I type.

paulr

Flashaholic
Ray, any obvious QC problems in your 2 units? Meter measurements aside, how are they subjectively compared to the CS/DS versions?

Status
Not open for further replies.